Secluded beaches, lush tropical forests, exotic animals, mountainous wilderness, stellar nightlife, and cascading waterfalls are some of the things that make Bali one of the best-rated travel destinations in the world. The place has got a special vibe to it, no wonder people fall in love with Bali. You cannot possibly get enough of this place in one visit, which explains why people visit Bali again and again and again and I could go on and on and on. See it for yourself why a person who has visited Bali, so dearly raves about it.
A person can live in Bali like a prince to a pauper, this place offers the best of the villas that can cost up to 4,500$ which is around INR 315,000 per night with accommodation of anywhere between 30 to 35 people. Bali has also got budget hotel rooms which costs INR 1000 to INR 3000 for 2 people a night. Meals in Bali cost about INR 500 especially if you eat at local warungs or restaurants. your budget can stretch a bit if you are all about fancy restaurants and cuisines.
A lush green escape, a wonderland if you may call it, away from the chaos and buzz of a city, Ubud is the place to visit. A trip to Bali is incomplete without Ubud in it, this place offers you beauty, relaxation, and spiritually transformed areas. A 3-day Ubud itinerary is what you need to complete your trip to Bali.
Places to visit in Ubud
Ubud is one of the top places to visit in Bali, with so many options to explore, here are some shortlisted for you.
- Tegallalang rice terraces are known for their beautiful scenes of rice paddies and their innovative way of irrigation which is also known as subak.
- White water rafting along the Ayung River, set in the middle of green rice fields with a captivating view. Includes facilities like pick up and transfer facilities, rafting equipment, professional rafting guide, Changing rooms and restroom, Indonesian buffet-style lunch. (Duration: 3 to 4 hours).
- Tegenungan waterfall, just a little over 100 steps is all you have to get down for this breathtaking waterfall. It’s just 30 minutes away from the Ubud village, to get there you need to get a private driver.
- Bali swings are something you will spot every few kilometers around this village. Some of the top-rated Bali swings are Official Bali Swing, Zen Hideaway, Uma Pakel Swing. The best being the Official Bali Swing but wait, it comes with a whopping price tag of 35$ or INR 2500 per head!
This place is all about luxury resorts, beaches, golden sands, and seafood dinners on the beach. From the image of a small fishing village, Jimbaran has evolved to the status of the most visited place in Bali with the best seafood restaurants with a touch of luxury. Jimbaran is only 20 minutes south from the Ngurah Rai International airport.
A 2-day stay in this city of authentic culture and world-class luxury is enough to take in all the gorgeous sunsets, walks on the beach, and all that delicious seafood.
Places to visit in Jimbaran
- Explore Garuda Wisnu Kencana, it is a cultural park which has the world’s largest Vishnu statue with a majestic height of 122 meters. The entry fee for foreigners is INR 700. The best and the cheapest way to get from Bali to Garuda Wisnu Kencana Cultural Park is to drive which costs ₹360 – ₹550 and takes 1h 20m.
- Seafood barbeque at Jimbaran Bay, seafood restaurants have made their way to the top of the places to visit in Jimbaran and the sunsets certainly add to its glory. Some of the best and top-rated seafood restaurants are Menega cafe, Kisik Seafood Bar and Grill, Nelayan Restaurant and Puri Bar, etc.
- Hunt for fresh fish at Jimbaran Fish Market, smelling fresh fish in the air, then you have reached the Jimbaran Fish Market. The variety of fish you will get is mindblowing, from squid to barramundi to giant prawns to mahi-mahi you get everything here.
- Pamper yourself with relaxing spa treatments, after a whole day of exploring Jimbaran, a Balinese massage is all you need. No one ever gets disappointed by one of these massages as they have so much to offer from Opium beauty which gives good quality with low price to Bamboo Spa by L’Occitane which gives otherworldly experience with its quality and techniques. These can cost up to INR 4000 depending on the experience.
The place is wildly famous for its nightlife and its chilled out vibes, not just this, it also has chic shops, boutique shopping streets, fine-dining restaurants, upscale beach resorts. Apart from the carefree nightlife, fun of beach cafes and bars, Seminyak has also family-friendly attractions to enjoy. Seminyak is about a half-hour ride from Bali Denpasar Airport.
In a 2 day visit to Seminyak here’s what you can do,
- Enjoy the nightlife as Seminyak has the best of the upmarket clubs and restaurants serving the finest food, drinks, entertainment, and the best music. La Favela being one of them without which Balis nightlife is incomplete. KU DE TA and Club Jenja Bali are the places you go to, to enjoy the best of the nightlife.
- Scuba diving, there are no diving spots in Seminyak itself, but they are all just a short boat ride away. You are provided with the best of the instructors at these scuba diving schools. These can cost up to INR 5,000 to INR 12,000.
- Go horse riding, not just horse riding but doing that along the beach. You can enjoy the ocean views safely and serenely. Best for families with children as you have got a variety of ponies to choose from.
The largest of the three islands, Gili Trawangan attracts the majority of visitors, it is around thirty minutes boat ride from the northwest mainland of Lombok and regular daily fast boats depart Bali directly to Trawangan island and all boats stop off at Teluk Nare on mainland Lombok as part of the return journey.
Thirty years ago the Gili islands were uninhabited and only discovered by the seafaring Bugis people from Sulawesi. It was only a matter of time before the more adventurous backpacker types discovered the islands and developed Trawangan into a hippy party paradise destination.
A 3-day visit to this island will give you great relaxation and calmness. Here are a few things you can do while you are here:
- Overwater swings everywhere with SUNSET HAPPY HOURS: All beach sides here have overwater swings. You can’t walk far along a beach before you stumble upon an overwater swing. The fun is added when you enjoy this with a drink. Known for its stunning sunsets this place, what better way to enjoy than with a cocktail in hand. Head to the beach around 5 pm, snag a swing, and enjoy! Cheers.
- Incredible snorkeling and diving: The crystal clear waters mean that the Gili’s make for a perfect place to get off the land and into the water. The diving is fantastic with fish in abundance, sea turtles and reef sharks to be spotted. But if you are not certified, no worries, the snorkeling is great too!
- Delicious food bars: Here you find pleasant food bars by the beachside, one can enjoy foods and drinks here all day by the beach. If you plan your days around food, then you will not be disappointed by the food on offer on the Gilis.