This article has been reviewed by Wego’s editorial team to ensure that the content is up to date & accurate.
Updated May 2023
In India, the Aadhaar card serves as a crucial proof of identity and address for every citizen, and it is mandatory for all residents to possess it. Checking the status of your Aadhaar card is essential to ensure that you will be eligible for the various services offered by the government of India.
In India, the Aadhaar card serves as a crucial proof of identity and address for every citizen, and it is mandatory for all residents to possess it. It is, therefore, important to check the status to ensure that you will be eligible for the various services offered by the government of India that require an Aadhaar card as proof of identity and address. Read on to learn how you can check the status of your Aadhaar card.
The Aadhaar card or Aadhaar is a twelve-digit unique identification number that operates as proof of identity and proof of address for residents of India. Holding an Aadhaar card is mandatory for every citizen of India, irrespective of their age.
The Aadhaar number is unique for each individual and remains valid throughout their lifetime, enabling them to access various services offered by banks, mobile phone companies, and other government and non-governmental organizations.Book cheap flights to India
Aadhaar status check online through UIDAI
You can check the status of your Aadhaar card online using the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) website by providing your enrolment number.
To check your Aadhaar status online by enrolment number through the UIDAI website, follow the steps given below:
- visit the UIDAI website at myaadhaar.uidai.gov.in
- enter your EID (Enrolment ID) SRN or URN. The EID is displayed on the top of your enrolment/update acknowledgment slip and will contain a fourteen-digit enrolment number and the fourteen-digit date and time of enrolment. Please note that these 28 digits together form your Enrolment ID (EID)
- enter the Captcha accurately
- click on submit, and you will be able to check the status of your Aadhaar
Please note that in case you have lost your EID, you can retrieve the lost or forgotten EID through your registered mobile number.
Aadhaar status check online by mobile number
Registered Aadhaar users can check their Aadhaar card status using their registered mobile number through SMS or by dialing the toll-free number provided by UIDAI. Here are the steps to follow:
- write an SMS stating ‘UID STATUS’ and enter your EID number
- send the SMS to the number 51969
- you will further receive an SMS with the Aadhaar number, which will display the status of your Aadhaar
- in case your Aadhaar card registration is processed, the status of the same will be updated to you via SMS
You can also check your Aadhaar card status via the toll-free number by following the steps given below:
- dial 1800-300-1947 via your Aadhaar registered mobile number
- share your EID number with the representative, and wait for the cross-checking procedure
- after checking the provided information, you will receive an update regarding your Aadhaar card status