This article has been reviewed by Wego’s editorial team to ensure that the content is up to date & accurate.
Updated August 2023
In India, the Aadhaar card serves as a crucial proof of identity and address for every citizen, and it is mandatory for all residents to possess it. Checking the status of your Aadhaar card is essential to ensure that you will be eligible for the various services offered by the government of India.
In India, the Aadhaar card serves as a crucial proof of identity and address for every citizen, and it is mandatory for all residents to possess it.
It is, therefore, important to check the status to ensure that you will be eligible for the various services offered by the government of India that require an Aadhaar card as proof of identity and address. Read on to learn how you can check the status of your Aadhaar card.
Table of Contents
Aadhaar status check online through UIDAI
You can check the status of your Aadhaar card online using the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) website by providing your enrolment number.
To check your Aadhaar status online by enrolment number through the UIDAI website, follow the steps given below:
- visit the UIDAI website at myaadhaar.uidai.gov.in
- enter your EID (Enrolment ID) SRN or URN. The EID is displayed on the top of your enrolment/update acknowledgment slip and will contain a fourteen-digit enrolment number and the fourteen-digit date and time of enrolment. Please note that these 28 digits together form your Enrolment ID (EID)
- enter the Captcha accurately
- click on submit, and you will be able to check the status of your Aadhaar
Please note that in case you have lost your EID, you can retrieve the lost or forgotten EID through your registered mobile number.
Aadhaar status check online by mobile number
Registered Aadhaar users can check their Aadhaar card status using their registered mobile number through SMS or by dialing the toll-free number provided by UIDAI. Here are the steps to follow:
- write an SMS stating ‘UID STATUS’ and enter your EID number
- send the SMS to the number 51969
- you will further receive an SMS with the Aadhaar number, which will display the status of your Aadhaar
- in case your Aadhaar card registration is processed, the status of the same will be updated to you via SMS
You can also check your Aadhaar card status via the toll-free number by following the steps given below:
- dial 1800-300-1947 via your Aadhaar registered mobile number
- share your EID number with the representative, and wait for the cross-checking procedure
- after checking the provided information, you will receive an update regarding your Aadhaar card status
How to check the Aadhaar card PVC order status?
The UIDAI offers a facility for individuals to get their Aadhaar card in the form of a specialised PVC card that comes with a number of security features. Usually, it takes around 15 days for the delivery of a PVC Aadhaar card to the address mentioned in the Aadhaar database.
You can check the Aadhaar PVC card order status by following the steps given below:
- visit the UIDAI website at https://myaadhaar.uidai.gov.in/checkStatus
- enter your SRN. Please note that the status of SRNs starting with a number and originating with the older portal can be checked at https://resident.uidai.gov.in/check-reprint-status
- enter the Captcha accurately and click on ‘Submit.’
You will now be able to check your Aadhaar PVC card order status.
How to check the Aadhaar card bank seeding status?
To check if your Aadhaar card is linked to your bank account, follow the steps given below:
- visit the UIDAI website at https://resident.uidai.gov.in/bank-mapper
- enter your 12-digit Aadhaar number or the 16-digit Virtual ID
- enter the Security code
- click on either ‘Send OTP’ or ‘Enter TOTP’
- enter the OTP you receive on your registered mobile number and click on ‘Submit’
You will now be able to know your Aadhaar bank account linking status.