This page was last updated on 25 February, 2021.
At a Glance
Tourist Entry: Allowed
Testing: Negative PCR test results is required for all countries. Travelers without PCR result will be tested at the airport at their own cost.
Quarantine Required: Depends
Quarantine Details: Quarantine for 14 days required for all countries depending on the test results.
Lockdown in Effect: Partial
Events: Partially Allowed
Transport: Operational with restrictions
Restaurants and Bars: Open with restrictions
Detailed Travel Advisory
1. Passengers are subject to a Coronavirus (COVID-19) test upon arrival at their own expense.
– This does not apply to:
– passengers with a medical certificate with a negative Coronavirus (COVID-19) PCR test result. The test must have been taken at most 72 hours before arrival;
– passengers with a medical certificate with a negative Coronavirus (COVID-19) antigen test result. The test must have been taken at most 48 hours before arrival. Accepted tests are: Abbott Panbio, SD Biosensor or Sofia.
2. Passengers must present a completed Health Form upon arrival or submit the required information on the Belize Health App at most 72 hours before departure. The App can be found at https://www.travelbelize.org/health-safety .
3. Passengers are subject to medical screening.
4. Passengers traveling as tourists must have a reservation confirmation of an approved hotel, details can be found at https://www.travelbelize.org/health-safety .
Detailed Tourist Information
The Belize Government has announced the reopening of Philip Goldson International airport from 1 October.
Land borders will remain closed when airports reopen.
When international flights resume, foreign travelers must meet the following requirements (which are subject to change):
-Book accommodation at an approved hotel
-Download the Belize Health App, fill out required information, and register your trip with your booking confirmation number
-Obtain a negative PCR COVID-19 test result 72 hours before departure
-If you are unable to obtain a COVID-19 PCR test before departure, you will be tested for COVID-19 at the airport (at your own cost), and must wait for your results
-Anyone with a positive test result will be placed into 14 days mandatory quarantine at their own expense. To be cleared from quarantine, you must produce two negative tests at the end of this period.
Travelers who have met all requirements and are approved to leave the airport will then be transported to their Gold Standard approved accommodation, and can participate in Gold Standard approved activities and tours.
Regulations remain in force to prevent, control, contain and suppress the spread of coronavirus. The Statutory Instruments that set out the requirements in Belize can be found here (https://www.pressoffice.gov.bz/statutory-instruments) and include:
– The wearing of masks and social distancing remains mandatory at all times.
– No gatherings of more than 10 persons.
– No private parties with people outside your household.
– Pubs, bars, nightclubs, discotheques, rum shops, casinos and gaming establishments are closed.
Restaurants can open. To dine in, you must have a reservation and no more than 10 dining at a time.
Gymnasiums are closed.
– No competitive sporting events or recreational contact sports.
– Walking, running and cycling is allowed as long as social distancing protocols imposed.
– No church services or other services of worship.
– No social events.
– Spas, beauty salons and barbershops are allowed to operate with appointment only subject to social distance protocols.
– No owner or manager of a business, office or establishment to allow any person to enter that business, office or establishment without wearing a face mask.
– Schools are closed.
Data Source: covidcontrols.co