This page was last updated on 16 December, 2021.
At a Glance
Entry For Vaccinated Travelers: Partially Allowed
Vaccination Requirements: Officials have reduced the quarantine at designated facilities for fully vaccinated international arrivals to 14 days. Unvaccinated entrants are still subject to a 21-day quarantine.
Tourist Entry: Partially Allowed
Testing: COVID-19 test required for some countries.
Quarantine Required: Yes
Quarantine Details: Quarantine for 21 days required for all countries.
Lockdown in Effect: No
Events: Partially Allowed
Transport: Operational with restrictions
Restaurants and Bars: Closed
Detailed Travel Advisory
1. Passengers are not allowed to enter.
– This does not apply to:
– nationals of Bhutan;
– passengers with an approval from National COVID-19 task force, Department of Immigration and Ministry of Labour and Human Resources.
2. Passengers must have a negative COVID-19 RT-PCR test taken at most 72 hours before departure from the first embarkation point.
– This does not apply to nationals of Bhutan.
3. Passengers are subject to medical screening and quarantine for up to 21 days.
4. Airline crew are subject to medical screening and quarantine.
5. Suspension of visa on arrival facilities.
Detailed Tourist Information
Bhutan is closed for travelers, and only citizens may enter.
Foreigners, with the exception of citizens from India, Bangladesh and the Maldives nationals, may only enter the country through certain towns such as Phuntsoling, Samdrup Jongkhar and Gelephug (by road) or Paro (by air).
Anyone entering Bhutan will be required to quarantine for 21 days.
Vaccinated arrivals will be required to quarantine for 14 days.
Authorities are advising residents to stay home and to use delivery services to the extent possible.
Officials also mandate residents to use the Druk Trace application for entry scanning for public places, business premises, and public and private hire transport vehicles.
A nationwide closure of recreational venues such as cinema halls, dance clubs, and night clubs continues.
Businesses may operate through 9 PM daily, while sports facilities may function until 11 PM.
Data Source: covidcontrols.co