This page was last updated on 07 May, 2021.
At a Glance
Tourist Entry: Allowed
Testing: Covid-19 test required for all countries.
Quarantine Required: Yes
Quarantine Details: Mandatory quarantine for 14 days required
Lockdown in Effect: Partial
Events: Partially Allowed
Transport: Operational with restrictions
Restaurants and Bars: Open with restrictions
Detailed Travel Advisory
1. Airports in Botswana are closed.
– This does not apply to Gaborone (GBE), Francistown (FRW), Kasane (BBK) and Maun (MUB).
2. Passengers must have a negative COVID-19 PCR test result issued at most 72 hours before arrival. The certificate must be in English.
– This does not apply to passengers younger than 5 years.
3. Passengers could be subject to a COVID-19 test upon arrival at their own expense.
4. Passengers could be subject to quarantine at their own expense.
5. Passengers are subject to medical screening upon arrival.
Detailed Tourist Information
Airports in Gaborone (GBE), Kasane (BBK) and Maun (MUB) reopened. Passengers must have a printed medical certificate with a negative COVID-19 PCR test result issued no more than 72 hours before departure. The certificate must be in English. Passengers are subject to medical screening upon arrival.
All gatherings are suspended with the exception of:
-Funerals – up to 50 and no more than 2 hours
-Religious services – up to 50 and no more than 2 hours
-Weddings – up to 4 including administrators
-Cultural or traditional occasion – up to 16 and no more than 2 hours
-Meetings or workshops – up to 50 and no more than 2 hours
-Restaurants may operate at half capacity and no more than 50 guests at a time
-All sports and recreational activities are suspended except national team events with no spectators.
Data Source: covidcontrols.co