Updated December 2023
When embarking on the journey to study in Canada as an international student, staying informed about the status of your study permit application is paramount. The study permit is your key to unlocking educational opportunities in Canada, making it essential to monitor its progress closely.
Understanding the process for checking the status of your application is vital, as it provides crucial insights into whether your application has been approved, is under review, or requires further attention.
Read further as Wego delves into the steps of how to check your Canadian student visa status.
Table of Contents
How to check the status of your Canada student visa?
The application status of your student visa can be checked through the Application Status Tracker that is provided on the Government of Canada’s official website.
Conditions for checking
Prior to using the Government of Canada’s Application Status Tracker, please note that:
- you can create a tracker account only after you receive your acknowledgement of receipt letter by mail or email.
- you cannot use your username and password from the Client Application Status tool to access the tracker
- you must create a new account, if:
- a principal applicant (including those being sponsored)
- a sponsor
- a representative or designated individual
- to create a new account, you will need your Unique Client Identifier (UCI) and your application number.
To check the status of your Canada student visa online, follow the steps given below:
- access the Government of Canada’s Application Status Tracker.
- select ‘Study permit’ from the “What did you apply for?” section.
- scroll down, and click on ‘Sign in to your account.’
- select ‘register’ and create a new tracker account using your Unique Client Identifier (UCI) and application number.
- enter the required details
The status of your Canada student visa online application will be displayed on the screen.
To find out more regarding the Canada student visa, please visit our dedicated article below: