This article is reviewed regularly (every month) by Wego’s editorial team to ensure it’s up to date.
Last updated 23 September 2020
Are you planning to visit Dehradun? India is going through the unlocking phase which means travelers, be they domestic or international, can now travel to and from Dehradun once more provided they abide by the prevailing guidelines. Familiarize yourself with the guidelines carefully to ensure a hassle-free journey to Dehradun.
Dehradun Quarantine Rules
If you are an interstate passenger, irrespective of your mode of transport, here are the rules to follow:
- All passengers must register on http://smartcitydehradun.uk.gov.in before they travel. The documents may be examined at Dehradun Airport. However, you don’t need any separate e-permit or approval.
- An update of the health status should be done using Aarogya Setu App.
- If you are traveling to Uttarakhand from a highly infected city, you have to undergo institutional quarantine for seven days and home quarantine for seven days. You can stay at government-run free quarantine facility or a paid facility. If you are traveling from a less infected city, you can go for 14 days home quarantine.
- Asymptomatic passengers who carry a negative RT-PCR test report from an ICMR-authorized laboratory will be exempted from quarantine. However, the report should not be older than 72 hours from your arrival time. You need to upload your report on http://smartcitydehradun.uk.gov.in through which the district authorities can verify it.
- Asymptomatic employees, workers, experts, and suppliers involved in central or state government projects will be exempted from quarantine. However, they have to upload their authorization letters on http://smartcitydehradun.uk.gov.in for verification by district authorities.
Domestic passengers can get quarantine exemption if they meet these conditions:
- Asymptomatic employees or workers traveling to Uttarakhand for business purposes (for industries or businesses located in the state) for less than seven days won’t have to undergo quarantine. They, however, must upload their letter of authorization on http://smartcitydehradun.uk.gov.in for concerned authorities to verify.
- Government employees and their support staff will be exempt from quarantine. However, compliance with safety and social distancing rules is mandatory.
- Pregnant women, those above 65 years, critically ill people, or those accompanying children under ten years, will be exempted from institutional quarantine. They have to undergo 14 days of home quarantine instead.
- If an asymptomatic individual is traveling from Uttarakhand to a highly infected city, due to compelling reasons like a death in the family, serious illness, or pregnancy) for five days at the most, they will be exempted from quarantine on return. However, suppose the duration of outbound travel exceeds five days. In that case, they need to undergo seven days of home quarantine post return and track their health status.
For International Passengers:
If you are traveling to Dehradun, here are the rules to bear in mind:
- All passengers must register on http://smartcitydehradun.uk.gov.in before embarking on the journey.
- If you are asymptomatic, you should undergo seven days of institutional quarantine, followed by seven days of home quarantine.
- The list of paid facilities for quarantine will be provided to asymptomatic travelers by the Nodal Officer. You have to clearly state your facility’s choice at the airport help desk reserved for this purpose. Those passengers who wish to quarantine institutionally free of charge will be directed to government facilities.
Those who are seriously ill, pregnant have experienced death in the family, or above the age of 65, or are parents accompanying kids below ten years, will be exempted from institutional quarantine. They are allowed 14 days of home quarantine if all safety and distancing guidelines are met.
For more information regarding the unlock guideline and COVID-19, please visit the Dehradun District website. For official Dehradun COVID-19 helpline, contact 0135-2751671/2753894 or Whatsapp at 7055300910
List of Dehradun quarantine hotels
Lemon Tree Hotel