This article has been reviewed by Wego’s editorial team to ensure that the content is up to date & accurate.
For the fitness enthusiasts out there looking to add in some extra fun to achieve your fitness goals, you’re in luck! This year’s Dubai Fitness Challenge has all kinds of engaging fitness activities on the agenda that you can take advantage of. We have compiled an extensive list of some of the major events you wouldn’t want to miss.
Here’s how you can plan and participate in this fitness event.
What is the Dubai Fitness Challenge 2021?
The Dubai Fitness Challenge was an initiative taken up by HH Sheikh Hamdan bin Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum back in 2017. The month-long festival is dedicated to a healthy lifestyle, exercise, and wellbeing. The fitness festival was established with a vision to make Dubai one of the most active cities in the world.
Exciting fitness activities and entertainment will inspire Dubai residents to find the exercise of their choice. Participants of all ages and abilities will be able to do nearly 30 minutes of heart-pumping activity every day for 30 days.
Dubai Fitness Challenge 2021 dates
The fifth edition this year begins on Friday, 29 October 2021 and will last until Saturday, 27 November 2021.
How to register for the event?
You can register for various events and activities on the Dubai Fitness Challenge official website.
Upcoming activities at DFC 2021
Dubai Fitness Challenge 2021 will be sporting several fitness activities, and challenges thought its tenure as mentioned below:
One of the highlights of the Dubai Fitness Challenge is the Dubai Run. Runners of all ages and abilities will be given an opportunity to run along the Sheikh Zayed expressway on Friday, 26 November. The route will commence next to the Emirates Towers Metro Station with a 5km track for families and a 10km track for professional athletes. The finishing line will be located at Al Mustaqbal Street near the Dubai World Trade Centre.
Another popular event is the Dubai Ride launched by DP World, which will be held on Friday, 5 November 2021. Amateur and professional cyclists will encounter the city’s best roads and landmarks on two wheels. The general route will consist of five locations around Sheikh Zayed Road and Lower Financial Centre Road with a distance of 14km.
Families will also be allowed to experience the ride at a 4 km course, with a panoramic route around Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Boulevard and Burj Khalifa. The race is free to attend, but registration will be compulsory for all participants.
There are loads of chances to enhance your running and riding capabilities throughout the challenge. You can also sign up for the following events:
- Hero Dubai Hatta – 29 October
- Dubai South Run – 29 October
- Halloween Run at Dubai Festival City Mall – 30 October
- Super Sports Canal Night Run – 2 November
- The Night Run at Run The Track – 9 November
- Dubai Design District Run – 12 November
- Al Marmoom Dune Run – November 12
- Beach Run Festival – 12 November
- La Mer Open Water Swim – 14 November
- Skechers Performance Run 1 – 19 November
- The CBD Run on The Palm – 26 November
DFC Fitness villages
Fitness Villages will be another major outdoor space attraction for the DFC event. This year’s three allotted fitness villages include:
- The Mai Dubai Fitness Village: Will be located at Mushrif Park with six zones and special workout spaces for women, an obstacle course at the kids’ zone, multipurpose gym areas with trainers and lots more.
- The DP World Fitness Village: This fitness village at Kite Beach will be arranging various fitness events and beach workouts spread over 15 dedicated zones, including a ladies-only zone, Fun Spot Kids Zone and Etisalat main stage area for live sessions by certified fitness instructors. Activities at this village will include HIIT training, yoga, spinning and water sports. BlazePod – a flash reflex system will also be among the challenging activities for participants to jack up their agility and reflexes.
- Expo 2020 Dubai Fitness Village: The ongoing Expo 2020 Dubai site will also feature a fitness village. The fitness arena adjacent to the Mobility District gate will accommodate a football pitch, a global fitness Stage, cricket nets, a gym, a multisport area and more.
DFC Fitness Hubs
Fourteen free fitness hubs with top fitness instructors will be stationed across the city for the convenience of those living and working in the surrounding areas; these include:
Zabeel Ladies Clubs, Hatta, Uform Fitness Hub at D3, One Central, Dubai Media City, DIFC, Dubai Police Officers Club, DMCC, Dubai Healthcare City (DHCC), Dubai Studio City, La Mer, Champs Sports & Fitness Club, Dubai Digital Park and Dubai Sports City.
Dubai Padel Cup
The Dubai Padel Cup will be hosted for the first time by the DFC. It involves exhibition matches at several locations in Dubai for a period of three days. It is said to exemplify some of the world’s top-ranked professionals, as well as a championship for amateur players.
Dubai Fitness Challenge 2021 app partners and deals
With a plethora of challenges to take part in, all you need to do is download any of the following apps to track your progress over the 30 days:
Participate in several fun challenges and complete at least 1 of 3 activity targets, i.e., 30 active minutes, 30 exercise minutes, or 10,000 steps. With the help of STEPPI, you can log your workouts, check your daily progress and win achievement badges throughout the 30 days.
Download the Fitbit Premium app and join the Fitbit clique to access hundreds of workouts, calming meditations and Premium challenges.
COUNT’D is a healthy meal subscription app from the UAE that can track your eating habits, create meal plans and log your daily intake of calories. DFC has partnered up with COUNT’D to encourage healthy eating habits as per your goals and preferences.
The leading music platform in the Middle east has millions of songs available to assist your exercise routine and stream, download and listen offline. Those who register for DFC will get free access to Anghami Plus for 30 days.
Dubai Fitness Challenge 2021 safety protocols
Covid-19 rules and safety protocols shall be observed in all activities. Participants are required to follow precautionary guidelines, including wearing masks and hand sanitizing in public spaces.