Updated August 2023
With the increase in mobility among people around the world, countries have started to re-evaluate their visa requirements, including e-visa. Electronic visas allow travelers to trim down the often complicated and lengthy process of conventional visa issuance through an online application system.
If you live in Pakistan and are looking to travel internationally in 2023, this article is for you. Keep reading to find out which countries will allow you e-visas.
Table of Contents
E-visa requirements for Pakistan residents
The requirements for obtaining an e-visa for Pakistan residents can vary depending on the country issuing the visa. Generally speaking, the following documents and information will be required:
- a valid passport or travel document: the passport must have a validity of at least 6 months from the date of arrival in the country
- a digital passport-style photograph: the photo must meet the country’s specific requirements, such as size, background, and facial expression
- a valid credit or debit card: to pay the e-visa fee
- personal information such as name, date of birth, and contact details
- travel information such as the dates of arrival and departure, the purpose of the visit, and the address of the accommodation in the country
- additional information or documents may be required depending on the country and the purpose of the visit, such as proof of sufficient funds, proof of employment or student status, and a letter of invitation from a host in the country
Please note that not all countries offer electronic visa applications, so it’s best to check the specific visa requirements for the country you’re planning on visiting.
Countries offering e-visa for Pakistan residents
Pakistan passport holders are allowed to obtain an e-visa from one of the countries below. We have listed all countries offering Pakistan residents an e-visa based on their region.
Other than being famous for its rich culture and history, diverse landscape, and delicious cuisine, Azerbaijan is also home to several UNESCO World Heritage sites, including the Walled City of Baku and the Gobustan Rock Art Cultural Landscape. By paying around PKR 5,553 and submitting all the requirements, Pakistani citizens can visit the country with an e-visa. They can simply visit the Asan viza website to apply for it.
Other Asian countries where Pakistans can travel with an e-visa are:
- Sri Lanka
Those looking for a high-end, luxury vacation should be checking out the opulence that is Bahrain. The country offers a Bahrain e-visa for Pakistani citizens with a validity of 14 days. To apply for the e-visa, they have to submit these documents:
- copy of valid passport
- bank statement for the last 3 months
- confirmed flight tickets
- hotel booking
- other supporting documents, such as a US visa, EU visa, or Residence visa of any country.
Applicants must pay PKR 17,815 to obtain a Bahrain e-visa.
Other Middle Eastern countries where Pakistans can travel with an e-visa are:
- United Arab Emirates
Although often overlooked by tourists, Bolivia offers endless adventures in its rugged, unspoilt, diverse natural landscapes. Pakistan tourists can enter Bolivia with simply an e-visa that allows them to stay in the country for up to 90 days.
Other South American countries where Pakistans can travel with an e-visa are:
Albania promises tourists who are willing to take the path less travelled truly unique adventures such as astro-tourism, rally and racing, and climbing and speleology. Pakistan passport holders can avail of the single-entry e-visa service and travel to Albania for at most 90 days.
Another European country where Pakistans can travel with an e-visa is:
Afro-Brazilian heritage comes alive in the small but gifted country of Benin, offering visitors plenty of opportunities for cultural tourism as well as wildlife viewing. The country allows e-visa to Pakistan travellers with validity periods of 30 days.
Other African countries where Pakistans can travel with an e-visa are:
- Democratic Republic of Congo
- Guinea Bissau
- Sao Tome & Principe
- South Africa
- South Sudan
Antigua and Barbuda
With beautiful beaches, crystal clear waters, and year-round warm weather, Antigua and Barbuda are a must-visit country for travellers. Pakistani travelers can apply for an e-visa valid for 90 days within 180 days after its issuance.
Other Carbbean country offering e-visa for Pakistani residents:
- Saint Kitts & Nevis