This article is reviewed regularly (on a monthly basis) by Wego‘s editorial team to ensure that the content is up to date & accurate.
Updated January 2023
Post-COVID-19, several countries have started offering e-visa services to foreign travellers in a bid to promote tourism and boost the economy. Many destinations worldwide are now allowing residents of the UAE to apply for tourist visas digitally without the need to visit any visa centres.
If you live in UAE and are looking to travel internationally in 2023, this article is for you. Keep reading to find out which countries will allow you e-visas.
E-visa requirements for UAE residents
The requirements for obtaining an e-visa for UAE residents can vary depending on the country issuing the visa. Generally speaking, however, the following documents and information will be required:
- a valid passport or travel document: the passport must have a validity of at least 6 months from the date of arrival in the country
- a digital passport-style photograph: the photo must meet the country’s specific requirements, such as size, background, and facial expression
- a valid credit or debit card: to pay the e-visa fee
- personal information such as name, date of birth, and contact details
- travel information such as the dates of arrival and departure, the purpose of the visit, and the address of the accommodation in the country
- additional information or documents may be required depending on the country and the purpose of the visit, such as proof of sufficient funds, proof of employment or student status, and a letter of invitation from a host in the country
Please note that not all countries offer electronic visa applications, so it’s best to check the specific visa requirements for the country you’re planning on visiting.Book cheap flights on Wego
Countries offering e-visa for UAE residents in 2023
Below, we have compiled various countries around the world that offer e-visa for UAE residents categorized by region.
Cambodia is renowned for its lovely beaches, rich natural attractions, delectable cuisine, and picturesque capital city of Phnom Penh. UAE residents are eligible for the Cambodia e-visa and can apply for one with a validity of 30 days.
Other Asian countries where UAE residents can travel with an e-visa are:
Madagascar is a sought-after destination for nature enthusiasts and biodiversity lovers from around the world, including residents of the UAE. The island’s unique and diverse array of flora and fauna make it a prime destination for those who are interested in exploring the natural world. UAE citizens can take advantage of the e-visa facilities to enter Madagascar, making the process of obtaining a visa more convenient.
Other African countries where UAE residents can travel with an e-visa are:
- Democratic Republic of Congo
- South Sudan
Bolivia is renowned for its diverse and unique ecosystems, from the Amazon rainforest to the Andes mountains and the Salar de Uyuni salt flats. UAE residents may apply for a Bolivian e-visa valid for 90 days.
Please note that many South American countries offer visa-free facilities to UAE residents instead of e-visas. Additionally, numerous European countries are currently offering visa-free entry to UAE passport holders. If you’d like to learn more about these European countries, please consult our article below.