Reviewed January 2024
To check your Emirates ID fines, follow these steps:
- visit your preferred official portal or application (Abu Dhabi police, Dubai police) or go to a service center or Sahl Kiosks
- log in with the relevant details or ask for assistance from staff
- check for any outstanding fines and make payments if necessary
In the UAE, it is crucial to comply with all laws to avoid any negative consequences. Failure to adhere to the laws can lead to the imposition of fines, which will be linked to your Emirates ID card. It is important to note that unpaid fines will remain associated with your Emirates ID card until you settle all outstanding charges. Additionally, disregarding the laws may result in serious legal repercussions, such as travel restrictions or imprisonment.
Please keep reading the article below to find out how you can conveniently check Emirates ID fines online.
Table of Contents
Latest news regarding Emirates ID fine
The Federal Authority for Identity, Citizenship, Customs and Ports Security (ICP) has specified three categories of individuals who are exempt from fines for the late renewal of their Emirates ID card.
Emiratis and expats can request exemptions from penalties under the following circumstances:
- Expats who have left the UAE and spent more than three months outside the country and whose cards expired after they left.
- Deported individuals, or individuals whose passports have been seized pending cases, or those whose identity cards have expired after being deported by a court order, administrative decision, or judicial ruling, are eligible, provided the competent authorities have issued them with a letter or receipt proving this.
- An individual who has not been issued an identity card prior to obtaining UAE nationality and the family book.
Emirates ID fine
Emirates ID fine refers to a penalty or fee imposed for a violation of laws or regulations in the United Arab Emirates (UAE), which is associated with an individual’s Emirates ID card. The penalty fees are applicable to all UAE nationals, GCC nationals, and expatriate residents. You can pay your Emirates ID fines online using a debit card or credit card.
Emirates ID fine types
There are several types of fines and penalties related to the use of an Emirates ID:
- Breaking traffic rules: Failure to drive safely and getting caught violating traffic regulations while utilizing your Emirates ID can result in fines in Dubai and neighboring Emirates.
- Providing incorrect information: Providing false information or inaccuracies with your Emirates ID may lead to fines, as accurate details hold significant importance.
- Damaged card: In case your Emirates ID card becomes damaged and necessitates timely replacement, fines might be incurred. Ensuring the functionality of your card is crucial.
- Late renewal: Failure to renew your Emirates ID promptly can result in fines. Keeping it up-to-date is of utmost importance.
- Unauthorized copying: Attempting to duplicate or forge Emirates ID cards without permission can lead to fines, as this is strictly prohibited.
- Misuse of documents: Using your Emirates ID in unauthorized ways, such as sharing it with others or employing it in inappropriate contexts, may result in fines.
- Unauthorized use of someone else’s ID: Using another person’s Emirates ID without permission can lead to legal consequences and fines. Each individual’s ID is private and confidential.
- Loss or theft: If your Emirates ID is lost or stolen, it is essential to report it promptly. Failing to do so may result in fines.
Emirates ID fine check and payment online
To inquire about your Emirates ID fine, you can consult multiple sources. Please carefully follow the provided steps for guidance.
Dubai police website
- visit the official website of www.dubaipolice.gov.ae
- click on the “Acces-Services” tab
- select “Fines Inquiry and Payment” and Inquiry mode
- fill in the important details such as plate details, license details, ticket details
- click on “Inquiry” to view your fines
Abu Dhabi police website
- visit the official website of Abu Dhabi Police.
- click on the “Public Services”
- select the “Traffic Fines Payment” option
- log in using your Emirates ID.
- the list of fines will appear. If any fines are due, they can be paid directly through the website.
Abu Dhabi mobile app
- open the Abu Dhabi Police mobile app on your phone (available on iOS and Android)
- log in by entering your Emirates ID number or your phone number
- register your vehicle details on the app.
- the app will then display information about your fines, which can be viewed and paid directly through the app.
- visit the GDRFA official website
- select “Emirates ID” in the Search Type section
- enter your Emirates ID number
- enter your date of birth
- select your gender
- click on the “submit” button
Emirates ID fine check and payment offline
Customer service centers
You can visit a customer service center to check for fines. All you need is your Emirates ID or vehicle details to retrieve the information. Click here to find your nearest customer service center. Below is the step-by-step on how you can check and pay for your fines with customer service centers:
- schedule your visit with a customer service.
- prepare your documents. You’ll need your reliable Emirates ID or relevant information about your vehicle.
- locate the nearest customer service center.
- provide your Emirates ID or vehicle details to the customer service staff.
- after providing your details, the staff at the center will use this information to retrieve a list of fines associated with your Emirates ID or vehicle.
- pay for the fine.
Below is the step-by-step on how you can check and pay for your fines through Sahl kiosks:
- locate a Sahl Kiosk, which is typically found in shopping malls or government centers.
- approach the kiosk and prepare to interact with it.
- select ‘Emirates ID Services’.
- choose ‘Inquiry About Fines’.
- input your details. Follow the instructions to enter your Emirates ID number and any other necessary details, ensuring accuracy.
- review the information. The kiosk will display details related to your Emirates ID fines.
- print or save (if available). Some kiosks provide the option to either print a receipt containing the information or save it digitally.
- once you have obtained the necessary information, you are ready to conclude the process and pay the fine.
Emirates ID delay penalty exemption
Some categories of individuals might be exempted from a penalty when they fail to renew their Emirates ID on time. The categories of the exempted individuals include the following:
- the individual left the UAE over 3 months ago, and the ID card expired after his departure.
- the individual whose ID Card expired after he was deported by virtue of an administrative order or decision or a Court judgment or whose passport is withheld in connection with lawsuits, provided that there is a report through a letter or receipt issued by the competent bodied.
- the individual for whom no ID Card was issued for the period before obtaining Emirati citizenship and getting the family book.
The individual who falls into the exemption category must follow the following steps:
- applying for the renewal service through the smart service system.
- enclosed are the required documents for getting the service and following up on the application.
- getting the result of the application, whether approval or refusal, then completing the application for the ID card.
Emirates ID delay penalty exemption request
These steps outline the process for applying for the Emirates ID late penalty exemption without any charge.
- Request ID Card Renewal: visit an approved printing office or use the authority’s website/smart application to initiate ID card renewal.
- Fee Display: the system will show all fees, including late fees, if applicable, associated with the Emirates ID card.
- Check for Exemption Eligibility: determine if you qualify for late penalty exemption based on the displayed fees.
- Submission of Exemption Request:
- If eligible, submit the exemption request through the smart services system.
- Prepare and submit the necessary documents alongside the request.
- Notification Process:
- Receive an initial SMS containing the application number.
- Within 48 hours, receive another text message indicating approval or rejection of the exemption request.
- If rejected, pay the fine within the specified number of days.
- Completion of ID Card Application: once the exemption status is confirmed or the fine is paid (if applicable), proceed with the ID card application process.