Updated November 2021
The fight against COVID-19 is still primarily in place. The countries have mandated different entry procedures for travellers, and some of these requirements involve a pre-arrival registration process for the travellers. As a part of this requirement, Oman has also mandated a pre-arrival registration process for travellers on the eMushrif platform.
All travellers to Oman are mandated to register themselves on the eMushrif platform. Here is everything you need to know about Oman’s pre-arrival registration platform.
What is eMushrif?
Oman’s eMushrif is an online pre-arrival registration platform for all travellers heading into the country. All passengers are mandated to pre-register and upload their vaccine certificate and negative PCR certificate at the eMushrif platform.
Travellers would need to upload the required documents to the platform and confirm the registration fees. Note that travellers must complete their registration process prior to being on board to avoid any consequences such as being denied entry.
Registration upon arrival is possible only if travellers encountered payment issues and can only complete their payment upon arrival.
Oman entry requirements
The following are the travel requirements to enter Oman:
- travellers must have two doses or one dose of the approved vaccines in Oman. MOH shall update the list of the approved vaccines in Oman regularly.
- the duration between the arrival time and the last dose of the vaccine must be at least 14 days, not less.
- travellers must be in possession of a vaccine certificate and a negative PCR certificate. They are to be uploaded at the platform covid19.emushrif.om
- if fully vaccinated travellers are unable to provide a negative PCR test result before arrival, they will have to take the on-arrival test and adhere to the quarantine rules for one day until the negative result is released
Exemptions to the vaccine requirement
The following categories of people are exempted from providing the vaccine certificate:
- children below the age of 18 are exempted from submitting the vaccination certificate as well as the negative PCR certificate and they are also not required to take the on-arrival PCR test.
- travellers with medical conditions preventing them from being inoculated are exempted from submitting the vaccination certificate. However, they would still be required to upload their negative PCR certificate. Please note that they have to provide a medical report that states their medical situation clearly
- non-Omani diplomats
- the on-duty aircrew
Who should register on the eMushrif platform?
According to the latest guidelines, all arrivals to Oman must pre-register and upload their required documents in the eMushrif platform.
How to register on the eMushrif platform?
The following are the steps you can take to register on the eMushrif platform.
- visit the eMushrif platform at covid19.emushrif.om
- click on “travel forms” to pre-register on the travel registration form
- select “New Registration”
- the information page will be displayed. Go through each and every requirement thoroughly.
- after going through the requirements, select the “I agree to the refund policy of the PCR test” option to proceed
- select your vaccination category from the available options; fully vaccinated, non-vaccinated, and so on
- enter your date of birth
- fill in your vaccination details and upload your vaccine certificate (with QR code) as required. Please note that the maximum size for uploading your vaccine certificate is 3MB
- fill in your PCR test details and upload your negative PCR test certificate (with QR code) as reqiured
- fill in details regarding your travels and contact
- run a final check on all your provided details, enter the captcha and click next
- you will now be asked to pay the registration fees. Click on ‘make payment’ and select the appropriate options
- select ‘pay’ and fill in all your relevant details
Please note that travellers will have to keep a soft or hard copy of their Travel Registration Form (TRF) once they have completed the payment. The TRF needs to be presented at their port of entry upon arrival.
What are the required documents?
Before pre-registering for the TRF, travellers must gather the following documents:
- a valid travel document (passport or Omani National ID/Omani Residency Card)
- a debit card or a credit card (for online payment).
- a valid flight ticket (flight number required).
- vaccine certificate
- a valid PCR test. For 8+ hour flights, the PCR test report will be valid for 96 hours, while for flights lasting for 7 hours or less the PCR test report will be valid for 72 hours
- a valid medical condition form (if needed)
Travellers can go through some other vital information before registering for their TRF here.
What is the price of registration?
Registration is free of charge for fully vaccinated passengers with negative PCR test reports before arrival.
However, passengers who fail to meet these requirements will be subject to some additional charges. You can check the price of an on-arrival PCR test and the cost of a wristband from here.
Other eMushrif services
The eMushrif platform also provides other services namely registering for the drive-thru PCR test or registering for the rapid antigen test.