This page was last updated on 07 May, 2021.
At a Glance
Tourist Entry: Partially Allowed
Testing: PCR tests required for some countries.
Quarantine Required: Depends
Quarantine Details: Quarantine for 14 days required for some countries.
Lockdown in Effect: No
Events: Partially Allowed
Transport: Operational with restrictions
Restaurants and Bars: Open with restrictions
Detailed Travel Advisory
1. Until 25 May 2021, passengers are not allowed to enter.
-This does not apply to:
– nationals of Finland and their family members;
– passengers with a residence permit issued by Finland;
– partners of nationals or residents of Finland;
– passengers arriving from Iceland or Vatican City (Holy See);
– residents of Australia, Korea (Rep.), New Zealand, Rwanda, Singapore and Thailand, when arriving on a direct flight from Australia, Korea (Rep.), New Zealand, Rwanda, Singapore or Thailand;
– nationals and residents of Andorra, Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czechia, Denmark, Estonia, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland (Rep.), Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Monaco, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, San Marino, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland and their family members, returning to their country of residence via Finland;
– British nationals and their family members residing in Finland;
– passengers studying in Finland, if arriving from Andorra, Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czechia, Denmark, Estonia, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland (Rep.), Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Monaco, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, San Marino, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden or Switzerland;
– military personnel;
– more exemptions can be found at https://raja.fi/en/guidelines-for-border-traffic-during-pandemic .
2. Passengers without a negative COVID-19 antigen or PCR test result issued at most 72 hours before arrival are subject to a COVID-19 test upon arrival and self-isolation. The test result must be in English. Details can be found at https://www.finentry.fi/en/ .
– This does not apply to passengers with a COVID-19 recovery certificate. The passenger must have tested positive at most 6 months before arrival.
Detailed Tourist Information
Finland has in place restrictions on entry from almost all countries. The current restrictions are indispensable in order to slow down the spread of the pandemic. The restrictions on entry into Finland will run to 25 May 2021.
Travellers wishing to enter Finland may be ordered to undergo a mandatory health check to determine if they have COVID-19.
Transport operators should require all passengers arriving in Finland to carry proof of a negative COVID-19 test.
In high-risk/accelerated-community-transmission areas, many businesses are closed (including restaurants, cafes, and bars.
See the Finnish Government website for more details on all the closures and re-openings https://valtioneuvosto.fi/en/information-on-coronavirus/current-restrictions .
Data Source: covidcontrols.co