Updated December 2022
Following the new arrival guidelines released for international arrivals into India by the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, the Kempegowda International Airport (KIA), Bangalore, has put together measures to curb the spread of the new Covid-19 variant BF.7 in India
Here is everything you need to know about the testing facilities available at the Bangalore International Airport.
Who needs to take the test at the airport?
As per the guidelines released by India’s Ministry of Health and Family Welfare (MoHFW), effective 24 December 2022, the following requirements have to be followed by international arrivals at the Kempegowda International Airport (KIA), Bangalore:
- De-boarding should be done, ensuring physical distancing.
- Thermal screening should be done in respect of all the passengers by the health officials present at the point of entry.
- The passengers found to be symptomatic during screening shall be immediately isolated and taken to a designated medical facility as per the health protocol mentioned above.
- The following protocol post arrival shall also be followed:
- A sub-section (2% of the total passengers in the flight) shall undergo random post-arrival testing at the airport on arrival. Please note that children under 12 years of age are exempted from post-arrival random testing. However, if found symptomatic for COVID-19 on arrival or during the self-monitoring period, they shall undergo testing and be treated as per the laid down protocol.
- Such travellers on each flight shall be identified by the concerned airlines (preferably from different countries). They will submit the samples and shall be allowed to leave the airport thereafter.
- If such travellers’ samples are tested positive, their samples should be further sent for genomic testing at the INSACOG laboratory network.
- All travellers should self-monitor their health post arrival also shall report to their nearest health facility or call the National helpline number (1075)/ State Helpline Number in case they have any suggestive symptoms.
Please note that pre-arrival registration on Air Suvidha is mandatory for passengers arriving from China, Japan, South Korea, Hong Kong and Thailand. These passengers must upload a negative COVID-19 RT-PCR test result on the online platform to gain entry to India. After arriving in India, if the passengers test positive, they will be quarantined according to the respective state procedure.
What is the procedure for the test?
Bangalore International Airport Limited (BIAL) – operator of Kempegowda International Airport, Bengaluru (KIAB/ BLR Airport) – has launched two round-the-clock COVID-19 testing facilities at the airport for both departing and arriving passengers.
Passengers can pre-book a slot and pay in advance for the RT-PCR test at the Airport by logging in to the link below :
- COVID19 Testing Center at Kempegowda International Airport (aurigaresearch.com)
- Aster Labs – Covid 19 testing centre at Kempegowda International Airport Bengaluru
How much does the test cost?
At Aruga Research and Aster Labs, the charges for Rapid RT PCR are INR 3000 (USD 36.26), and RT PCR is INR 500 (USD 6.04). Aruga Research also offers a Rapid Antigen Test at INR 400 (USD 4.83).
How long until I can get the results?
The Rapid RT-PCR test result would be available in less than 30 minutes, while the regular RT-PCR test result would take upto 6 hours.
Reports would be shared directly with those tested through digital platforms.