This article is reviewed regularly (on a monthly basis) by Wego’s editorial team to ensure that the content is up to date & accurate.
Updated 27 August 2021
French cities have long attracted international attention for their beauty, culture, and friendly people. With a tourist visa, you too can be one with the Parisians, living out a fun french trip.
Planning a trip to France? Here’s all that you need to know about applying for a tourist visa to France.
Do I need a tourist visa to enter France?
In most cases, yes. There are only two types of exemptions for a French visa. The first is if you belong to an EU/EAA nation, in which case you fall under the Schengen agreement and need no visa.
In addition to EU/EAA nations, the following nations need no visa to visit France:
- Costa Rica
- El Salvador
- Hong Kong
- New Zealand
- San Marino
- South Korea
- United Kingdom
- United States
If you fall in neither category, you would need to apply for a three-month Schengen visa, which would allow you to visit France.
How long is the validity period of the tourist visa?
The validity period of the tourist visas are as follows:
- Single-entry visa
- Double-entry visa
- Multiple-entry visa
All the above visas are valid for 90 days from the day of approval or the date of the first arrival, depending on your visa type.
How do I apply for France tourist visa?
- Fill out an online application form on the government’s official website.
- Book an appointment at the French embassy for document verification
- Pay the fees, and wait for the approval.
What are the required documents?
- Two copies of a Schengen visa application form.
- Passport valid for 90 days post-departure to France
- 3 1.4 by 1.7 inch (3.5 by 4.5 cm) passport photographs.
- Your hotel or tour reservations and your departure and return flight information.
- Proof of medical insurance coverage while you are traveling in France.
- Original bank statements from the last three months show proof of funds while traveling in France.
- Proof of residence in the region where you are applying. A utility bill and an identification card with that address listed may work as proof of residency.
What is the fee for the France tourist visa?
The visa application fee is a uniform 60 Euros for all sorts of tourist visas.