This page was last updated on 25 February, 2021.
At a Glance
Tourist Entry: Partially Allowed
Testing: Negative PCR test results is required for all countries.
Quarantine Required: Depends
Quarantine Details: Quarantine is required for travelers who have been in the UK or South Africa.
Lockdown in Effect: Partial
Events: Partially Allowed
Restaurants and Bars: Delivery only
Detailed Travel Advisory
1. Passengers who have been in South Africa or United Kingdom in the past 21 days are not allowed to enter.
– This does not apply to nationals and residents of Honduras.
2. Nationals and residents of Honduras who have been in South Africa or United Kingdom in the past 21 days are subject to quarantine for 14 days.
3. Passengers must have a medical certificate with a negative Coronavirus (COVID-19) test result. The test must have been taken at most 72 hours before departure of the last direct flight to Honduras. Tests accepted are: Antibody Rapid test, antigen test and RT-PCR test.
4. A completed “immigration pre-check” must be presented upon arrival. The form can be submitted online before departure at https://prechequeo.inm.gob.hn .
Detailed Tourist Information
Airports in Honduras are now open for domestic and international travel.
Land and sea borders remain closed.
Prior to arrival, you are required to pre-register online with Honduran Immigration. You must present a negative COVID-19 test result upon arrival from a test taken in the previous 72 hours.
If you are eligible for entry, you should self-isolate for 14 days after arrival.
The Government of Honduras announced the following temporary measures in response to the new strain of COVID-19, as of December 23, 2020:
-Non-resident Honduran citizens and tourists coming from the United Kingdom or South Africa or having visited or transited through those areas in the last 21 days are restricted from entering Honduras via any means.
-Honduran citizens and foreigners resident in Honduras coming from the United Kingdom or South Africa or having visited or transited through those areas in the last two weeks, must quarantine for 14 days upon entry to Honduras
All public events remain suspended. All public gatherings remain suspended, except for religious activities. These may go ahead with precautions and measures suggested by the World Health Organization.
All businesses are closed, except supermarkets, markets, small stores, pharmacies, hospitals, hotels, petrol stations and private banks. Businesses that have permission to remain open must take precautions and keep people at least one meter apart from each other. In all cases, they must ensure that the number of people in these businesses do not exceed 50 people.
Honduran authorities have suspended academic activities in both public and private institutions.
Businesses in authorised sectors will be permitted to open during weekdays. People will be able to carry out essential activities from 9am to 5pm on alternate days in line with the last digit of an individual’s Honduran national identity card or for foreigners the last digit of their passport number:
Data Source: covidcontrols.co