This article is reviewed regularly (on a monthly basis) by Wego’s editorial team to ensure that the content is up to date & accurate.
Updated 27 July 2022
The Federal Authority of Identity and Citizenship is committed to facilitating citizens, returning residents, and tourists looking to visit the UAE through its ICA Smart Services program. Among others, the services offered by the ICA include essentials such as visa status check and vaccine registration.
Through its integrated service, travelling to the UAE is a relatively straightforward affair allowing tourists and visitors to focus more on other travel arrangements like booking their hotels.
Here’s all you need to know about ICA Smart Services for travellers to the UAE.
Please note: ICA Smart Services now operates as ICP Smart Services, and can be accessed via the website icp.gov.ae
ICA Smart Services latest news
The ICA has announced the cancellation of its residency passport stickers previously issued to expat residents. Instead, the authorities will now ascertain the validity of residency visas through the residents’ respective Emirates IDs.
The directive has been put in place by the ICA with the aim of achieving the flexibility needed to reduce the steps associated with the process of issuing and renewing residency visas. Further, the new directive also allows airlines to verify the validity of residences by checking a resident’s passport number and Emirati ID card.
What is the ICA Smart Services?
— Identity, Citizenship, Customs & Port Security UAE (@UAEICP) September 14, 2021
The ICA Smart Services provide UAE and foreign nationals a centralized portal from which they may access various services pertaining to visa inquiries, permit inquiries, payment of fees and fines and personal information updates. ICA smart services are available through their Smart Channels and the E-services can be accessed online 24/7.
The system provides a range of services for individuals according to each category, as follows:
- Citizens: Individual citizens can apply for services related to citizens (passport services, family book services, Emirates ID services) and services for the sponsored.
- UAE Residents: Individual residents can apply for services of the Federal Authority for Identity and Citizenship, such as visa, residency and Emirates ID services, for themselves and their sponsor.
- GCC Citizens: GCC citizens can apply for services related to their sponsored in addition to the services of the Emirates ID.
- GCC Residents: GCC residents can apply for services related to entry visas to the country for this category and administer the visa after its issuance.
- Visitors: Visitors can apply for services related to entry visas to the country by category and manage the visa after its issuance.
What are the services being offered?
— Identity, Citizenship, Customs & Port Security UAE (@UAEICP) July 17, 2022
ICA Smart Services allows citizens, residents, and visitors to obtain services concerning visas, passports, Emirates ID, residency, and essentially all other services related to identity and citizenship. Some of the more popular services are as follows.
ICA Smart Services visa status check
If you hold an Abu Dhabi, Sharjah, Ajman, Umm Al Quwain, Ras Al Khaimah or Fujairah visa, you can check your visa status through the ICA Smart Services. The steps are as follows:
- go to the ICA Smart Services portal here
- select “Passport Information”
- select “Visa” or “Residency” depending on visa type
- enter your passport number and passport expiry date
- select your nationality
- check the captcha checkbox and click search.
Provided the information submitted is accurate, your visa details including the visa expiry date will be promptly displayed.
If you hold a Dubai visa, however, you would need to visit the GDRFA-Amer portal in order to check your visa status.
ICA Smart Services fine check
If you’re required to pay fines related to overstay, you can use ICA smart services to determine the exact amount. To do this please follow the steps below.
- access the ICA fine services portal
- to search for fines using visa number, select the ‘file number’ module and enter your visa number along with the department number
- fill in your date of birth and tick the captcha box
- after clicking search, you will be able to review the amount of the overstay fine
ICA Smart Services ID card status check
To determine your ID card status or track the progress of your submitted renewal, replacement, or new Emirates ID Card application, simply visit the ICA portal and enter your Application Number (PRAN) or your Emirates ID number (for renewal/replacement applications).
You can also call the ICA on 600522222 for further assistance or enquires.
ICA Smart Services change mobile number
To change your mobile number associated with your Emirates ID, simply go to the ICA update information portal and complete the form. Be advised that a fee will need to be paid to complete the application.
ICA Emirates ID/ Emirates ID details change & update
The UAE digital government has clarified that residents and citizens will have to notify the Federal Authority for Identity, Citizenship, Customs and Port Security (ICP) of any changes or updates regarding the data contained in their Emirates ID cards, within a period of 30 days from the date of the change.
This applies to Emirates ID cards issued to nationals and expatriate residents.
According to authorities, UAE residents and citizens can apply to change or update any details for an existing and valid Emirates ID card through the ICP website or its smart application (iOS, Android), without the need for submitting any documents.
The Emirates ID data, as stated by the ICP, must be updated in case of marriage or regarding any changes in the wife’s last name (adopting a maiden name) for some nationalities. However, in case there is no change, the data in the ID card and the population registry must be updated.
The service fee for changing or updating the details of an existing Emirates ID card through the ICP website is Dh50 (USD 13.61).
ICA Smart Services arrival registration
As confirmed by flag carriers of the UAE, the GDRFA or ICA approval is no longer required for entry into the UAE. As such, both UAE residents and tourists travelling to the UAE from all over the globe may now travel to the UAE without pre-travel or registration on the Federal Authority for Identity and Citizenship, Customs and Ports Security (ICP/ICA) portal.
ICA Smart Services vaccine registration
You must prove that you’re fully vaccinated and hold a negative PCR test result issued within 14 days before you enter public places in Abu Dhabi. You can do this by presenting the health app from your country of residence, or the Al Hosn app.
If you’d like to use the Al Hosn app, you must register through ICA Smart Travel Services before you fly to Abu Dhabi.
Otherwise, it’s not mandatory to register.
Registering your vaccine certificate or exemption can be done by accessing the ICA Smart Services link. You will then be required to indicate your current location, and fill in the form truthfully.
Some documents you may need to prepare or upload later:
- Personal image
- PCR test result (optional)
- COVID-19 vaccination card (optional)
Once you have completed the form and uploaded all the documents, tick off the declaration that your information is correct, the reCAPTCHA, and click “Send”.
The vaccination certificate registration is optional for passengers wishing to enjoy the benefits of being fully vaccinated by vaccines approved in the UAE. While vaccination is not a requirement for entry, non-exempt unvaccinated travellers will not be able to obtain the green pass required to access public places across Abu Dhabi and Dubai.
ICA Smart Services Al Hosn app
Travellers to the UAE whose vaccination certificates were issued outside of the UAE may obtain the link to download the Al Hosn app after completing their registration. The process is as follows:
- Before travelling to the UAE, visit the aforementioned arrival registration portal
- Complete your register arrivals form and upload your international vaccination certificate. Upon completion, you will receive an SMS that includes a link to download the Al Hosn app
- Upon arrival, you will receive a Unified Identification Number (UID) either at the airport or via the ICA app or website
- You will then need to download and register on the Al Hosn app using the UID and your phone number used for ICA registration or when taking a PCR test in the UAE
- You will be sent a one-time password (OTP) required to complete your Al Hosn app registration process. Al Hosn app allows users to check status, vaccination information, test results and travel test requirements and use a live QR code.
ICA Smart Services QR code
ICA Smart Services will provide you with a QR code upon the successful registration of your vaccine certificate as outlined above. Please ensure that your email address is both valid and accurate as the QR code will be sent to the provided email.
ICA smart services customer care
If you’re looking to get in touch with the ICA regarding complaints, customer care, visa issuance, types and validity, or any other issues, you’re welcome to communicate with them directly at the toll-free number 600522222 or send an email to [email protected].
The ICA has also set up various customer happiness centres throughout the UAE that you can visit for a wide array of services. You can also get in touch with the ICA through their social media channels on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter.
For Dubai visas, you may contact Amer service on the toll-free number 800 5111 if you are in the UAE. If you are outside the UAE, you can call on the toll-free number +9714-313-9999.