Updated 4 July 2022
All travellers to India are mandated to register themselves on the Air Suvidha platform. Here is everything you need to know about the pre-arrival registration measures in India right now.
Arrival registration on Air Suvidha
Air Suvidha is an online system for international passengers to submit a Self-Declaration Form to declare their current health status. This form is mandatory and should be filled in anytime before boarding. All international arriving passengers are required to fill the self-declaration form as mandated by the Ministry of Health & Family Welfare.
Who should register on the Air Suvidha platform?
According to the latest guidelines, all travellers, irrespective of their nationality and vaccination status, should complete filling the following details on the Air Suvidha portal:
- Submit self-declaration form on the online Air Suvidha portal www.newdelhiairport.in and include 14 days of travel details, before the scheduled travel.
- Upload a negative COVID-19 RT-PCR report. This test should have been conducted within 72 hrs prior to undertaking the journey. Such PCR tests are not required for individuals who have received their vaccine doses in India.
- Alternatively, travellers can also upload a certificate of completing full primary vaccination doses of COVID-19 vaccination. (Only applicable to fully vaccinated arrivals from countries that have an agreement with India to mutually recognize vaccine certificates).
- Each passenger shall also submit a declaration with respect to the authenticity of the report and will be liable for criminal prosecution if found otherwise.
- They should also give an undertaking on the portal that they would abide by the decision of the appropriate government authority to undergo home quarantine/ self-health monitoring, as warranted.
Passengers will be allowed to board their flights only if they have completed their Self Declaration Form on the Air Suvidha portal and uploaded the required COVID-19 negative PCR test report or vaccine certificate of having completed the primary vaccination schedule.
What are the documents required?
While filling up the self-declaration form in Air Suvidha Portal, a few documents must be uploaded. They are as follows:
- Copy of passport
- Negative RT-PCR test certificate conducted within 72 hours of departure
- Vaccination certificate
Note that all the file types should be pdf form & up to maximum size is 1MB is required to be uploaded. Filename with any special characters and space is not permitted. Only hyphen and underscore permitted.
How to register on Air Suvidha?
Once you have all the necessary documents ready, registration is a relatively simple process.
- Head over to the Air Suvidha web portal https://www.newdelhiairport.in/airsuvidha/apho-registration
- Fill in details of your flight like the flight number, seat number, nationality, date of arrival and country of departure (origin) while filling up the online Self-declaration form. These are mandatory fields.
- Upload your passport copy and test certificates, as they are mandatory fields. If you are from a country with which India has an agreement for mutual recognition vaccination certificate, upload your vaccination certificate.
- Add your mobile number, mail ID and address.
- Verify that the details you have provided are accurate and that you agree to follow the guidelines as laid down by the health authorities.
- Fill out the Air Suvidha Self Declaration form and include details of the last 14 days of travel and your COVID-19 related health details.
- Once you are done filling all fields, towards the end of the page, you must sign an undertaking to abide by the quarantine rules upon arrival and sign liability to the authenticity of the given information.
On submission, the mandatory self- declaration application will be forwarded to the Airport Health Organization (APHO) under the Ministry Of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India. Applicants can then refer to their email inbox for the updated application document. They should show this document on arrival in India at the APHO counter and proceed for immigration.