This article has been reviewed by Wego’s editorial team to ensure that the content is up to date & accurate.
Effective from 9 March 2023, the Indian e-visa services and facilities have been reinstated for Saudi Arabian nationals.
This reinstatement applies to all five sub-categories of the India e-visa, including the e-tourist visa, e-business visa, e-medical visa, e-medical attendant visa, and e-conference visa.
The e-visa is available for both single and multiple entries and for all available durations.
.@IndianEmbRiyadh has restored the facility of e-visa for nationals of Saudi Arabia with immediate effect in all five sub-categories i.e
e-medical attendant visa
e-conference visa@MEAIndia pic.twitter.com/wgzwFX1f6U
— Prasar Bharati News Services & Digital Platform (@PBNS_India) March 9, 2023
The Indian e-visa was initially made available to Saudi nationals in 2019 but was suspended during the COVID-19 pandemic. Now, Saudis can once again apply for any of the Indian e-visas by filling out the online form on the Indian visa portal. If you’re a Saudi national looking to complete the Indian e-visa application, please consult the steps below:
- enter your passport type, nationality, date of birth, expected travel dates, and email ID. Complete the captcha to continue
- fill in your personal details, passport details, and family details
- provide the information requested about the type of e-Visa you are seeking, previous or current visa details, SAARC country visit details, and references
- note the temporary application ID, which will be displayed at the top of your application
- tick “Yes” or “No” to the questions asked about your legal history
- click on the declaration box to continue
- upload your personal photo and a copy of the first page of your passport containing personal particulars. Both document files should satisfy the specifications mentioned
- click on the declaration box again to continue
- verify all the details filled in, and if correct, click on “Verified and continue” at the bottom of the page. Click on “Modify” if you wish to make any changes
- you will now receive your actual application ID. Note it down as it will be required for status inquiry, e-Visa printing, and payment of visa processing fees
- click on “Generate Application Form” to view and save it
- click “Yes” to agree to the disclaimer and undertaking
- select “Pay Now” to pay the fees and submit your application
Once approved, you will receive your Electronic Travel Authorization (ETA) via email. Print this ETA and present it at the Immigration Checkpost upon arrival in India to get your e-Visa stamped on your passport. Please note that the application and payment of fees should be made at least four days in advance of your travel dates.
This development is part of the strategic partnership and strengthening of ties between India and Saudi Arabia. The Kingdom has also removed the requirement of Saudi PCC for Indian expats.