This article is reviewed regularly by Wego’s editorial team to ensure that the content is up to date & accurate.
Updated January 2024
It is time to dust off your passports and take that much-awaited trip. Most countries have resumed regular travel protocols, and many travellers are getting ready to plan their next trip. If you are living in Kuwait and looking forward to renewing your passport for your next trip, you have come to the right article.
Read on as Wego unveils all the necessary information about how you can renew your passport in Kuwait.
Table of Contents
Kuwait passport renewal online
Passport renewal services for Kuwaiti nationals are available online through the website of the Ministry of Interior. In order to be eligible to apply for passport renewal online, the applicant:
- must be a Kuwaiti, hold a Kuwaiti nationality certificate, and have an active nationality file.
- should be present in the country
- must not make any amendments to the personal data printed on the current passport
- if their current passport is valid, its validity period should not exceed two years; if the current electronic passport has expired, its expiry period should not exceed one year
- should not have a normal new passport application process under implementation through the Kuwaiti passport issuance sites.
If an old photo (5 years ago or more) is stored on the passport, the applicant will see a message “Please upload a recent personal photo”. For security reasons, and since the travel document is the only internationally recognized identity outside the country, the accuracy of the image is essential.
- the image must be taken professionally with a blue background contrasting with your face.
- look directly at the camera with a straight face without leaning in any direction.
- keep hair away from the face so that the edges of the face are visible.
- the image can include a veil or decorative facial jewellery.
- the hijab should be monochromatic, allowing the entire face to appear from the bottom of the chin to the top of the forehead, with the edges of the face visible on both sides.
- glasses or jewellery should not obscure the features of the face or part of it, so glasses with thick or coloured lenses will not be accepted.
If the new photo does not comply with these requirements or because the image is inaccurate, the message “The photo does not conform to the specifications” will appear to the applicant.
To apply for the passport renewal online:
- visit https://renewepp.moi.gov.kw
- log in if you already have an account
- if not, sign up with your Civil ID
- after logging in, apply for passport renewal
- submit accurate details, such as the previous passport information and upload your passport-size picture
- pay the requisite fee
The renewal fees can be paid online through the electronic payment gateway. Those who have a valid ID for the elderly issued by the Ministry of Social Affairs or for people with special needs given by the Public Authority for Persons with Disabilities will be exempted from renewal fees.
If the applicant completes the electronic payment process and the payment receipt statement appears on the screen, the passport application data will be converted to the status “Ready for printing”.
Kuwait passport renewal offline
If you prefer to apply for the passport renewal offline, you can do so by visiting your nearest General Department of Citizenship and Travel Documents. The father or legal representative must attend the procedures in case the applicant is incompetent or a child.
You must be in possession of your current passport and 4 passport-size photos with a blue background.
- visit the General Department of Citizenship and Travel Documents in the governorate you refer to and submit the required documents
- fill out the service application form
- pay the fees due
Kuwait passport renewal fees
The passport renewal fee stipulated by the Ministry of Interior is as follows:
- fees for 5 years renewal: 3 KD
- fees for 10 years for applicants who are older than 30 years old: 6 KD
Kuwait passport renewal office
The General Directorate of Nationality and Travel Documents issues travel documents for Kuwaiti citizens, including the renewal of passports.
General Directorate Of Nationality & Travel Documents
Address: Al-Dajeej, Kuwait
Citizen Service Center – Shamiya
Address: Kuwait City, Kuwait
Hawally Service Center
Address: Mubarak Al-Abdullah, Kuwait
Nationality and Passport Department (Jahra Branch)
Address: Al Jahra, Kuwait
Mubarak Al Kabeer
Address: Al-Masayel, Kuwait
Address: Al Jahra, Kuwait
Kuwait passport renewal airport
As part of its commitment to staying abreast of technological progress and improving citizen services, the Ministry of Interior in Kuwait, specifically through the General Administration of Nationality and Travel Documents, implemented a novel service for passport renewal last year.
This service is specifically designed for citizens who possess a confirmed travel reservation (travel ticket) and are departing the country within 24 hours from Kuwait International Airport (T4).
Launched around the clock at Kuwait Airport, the innovative service aims to streamline and simplify the passport application process, expediting its issuance for citizens who encounter unexpected passport expiration issues when planning to travel.