This article is reviewed regularly by Wego’s editorial team to ensure that the content is up to date & accurate.
Updated January 2023
Before departing to Qatar for employment, all expats must first undergo a medical examination in order to obtain a Qatar work visa. This requirement applies to all individuals above the age of 18 departing from specified countries.
What is a medical test for Qatar visa?
The medical test for a Qatar visa is essentially a program by the Gulf Health Council with the aim of evaluating the health and fitness of expatriates to make sure they are medically fit to work and are free of contagious diseases.Book cheap flights from India to Qatar
Who needs to take the medical test?
All expatriates from specified countries seeking to obtain work permits or residence visas in Qatar are required to take the medical test.
Moreover, the same regulations also apply to the families of workers. The law mandates that every adult family member (above the age of 18) have a medical examination before coming to Qatar.
What countries are required to take the medical test?
The list of countries is as follows:
- Sri Lanka
What does the medical test involve?
The medical test for a Qatar visa typically involves the following:
- Hepatitis B
- Hepatitis C
- Blood group
- Chest X-ray
What are the requirements of the medical test?
In order to confirm your identity, you will have to bring the following documents to your appointment:
- a copy of your immunization records
- medical records of past surgeries or illnesses
- four 3×4 (passport size) recently taken photos
- your passport and a photocopy of the biographical page in your passport
How do I apply for the medical test?
To apply for medical tests for a Qatar visa, you need to take the following steps:
- book an appointment through the GAMCA website
- select your country of residence and provide your details (the medical center will be assigned automatically)
- enter all required information and press submit
- complete the payment (credit card)
- a medical exam slip will be provided upon payment. Please visit your assigned medical center to undergo your medical examination
What is the cost of the medical test?
The fee for medical tests for a Qatar visa varies from country to country. However, the cost will likely be around QAR 290 to be paid in the local currency.
How do I check my medical status?
Checking your medical status can be done on GAMCA’s official site. Simply provide your passport number and nationality to view your medical status.
What is the validity of the medical test?
The GAMCA medical test result validity period for Saudi Arabia is 3 months.