Updated September 2023
Before departing to Saudi Arabia for employment, all expats must first undergo a medical examination in order to obtain a Saudi work visa. This requirement applies to all individuals above the age of 16 departing from specified countries.
Table of Contents
What is a medical test for Saudi visa?
The medical test for a Saudi visa is essentially a program by the Gulf Health Council with the aim of evaluating the health and fitness of expatriates to make sure they are medically fit to work and are free of contagious diseases.
Who needs to take the medical test for Saudi visa?
All expatriates from specified countries seeking to obtain work permits or residence visas in Saudi Arabia are required to take the medical test.
What countries are required to take the medical test for Saudi visa?
The list of countries is as follows:
- Sri Lanka
What does the medical test for Saudi visa involve?
The medical test for a Saudi visa typically involves the following:
- blood lab work for HIV, hepatitis C, and hepatitis B
- stool test
- review the history of past illnesses
- vision exam
- chest x-ray
- physical examination
Medical test for pregnant women
Pregnant women are only required to undergo a blood test, urine test, and eye examination. Requirements include:
- a filled-out NOC (No Objection Letter) form
- MOFA visa slip
- doctor’s report for pregnancy
- ultrasound report
Medical test for children
Children under 12 only need only to visit specific medical facilities approved by GAMCA. They must bring their original passports, two passport photos, and their visas.
The examiners will measure the child’s height, weight and vaccination history and issue a medical fitness certificate. A lab test will not be required.
What are the requirements of the medical test for Saudi visa?
For your medical test procedure, you must submit the following documents:
- appointment slip
- original passport along with a copy
- original National Identity Card along with a copy
- 4 passport-size photos.
How do I apply for the medical test for Saudi visa?
To apply for medical tests in Saudi Arabia, you need to follow the following steps:
- book an appointment through the GAMCA website
- select your country of residence and provide your details (the medical center will be assigned automatically)
- enter all required information and press submit
- complete the payment (credit card)
- a medical exam slip will be provided upon payment. Please visit your assigned medical center to undergo your medical examination
What is the cost of the medical test for Saudi visa?
The fee for medical tests in Saudi Arabia varies from country to country. However, the cost will be around SAR 300 to be paid in the local currency.
How do I check my medical status?
Checking your medical status can be done on GAMCA’s official site. Simply provide your passport number and nationality to view your medical status.
What is the validity of the medical test for Saudi visa?
The GAMCA medical test result validity period for Saudi Arabia is 3 months.