This page was last updated on 07 May, 2021.
At a Glance
Tourist Entry: Partially Allowed
Testing: Health screening is required for all countries.
Quarantine Required: Depends
Quarantine Details: Quarantine for 7 days required for some travellers.
Lockdown in Effect: Yes
Transport: Operational with restrictions
Restaurants and Bars: Open with restrictions
Detailed Travel Advisory
1. Passengers are not allowed to enter.
– This does not apply to:
– nationals and permanent residents of Mongolia;
– passengers with a visa issued by Mongolia on or after 8 October 2020.
2. Passengers must have a negative COVID-19 PCR test taken at most 72 hours before departure of the last direct flight to Mongolia.
– This does not apply to passengers younger than the minimum age required for a COVID-19 test in the departure country.
3. Passengers could be subject to quarantine for up to 10 days at designated facilities. More details can be found at https://tabinfo.mn/en/tab/.
Detailed Tourist Information
Passengers are allowed to enter Mongolia from May 10, 2021.
All passengers must present a negative Covid-19 PCR test which is taken within 72 hours before arrival.
All persons arriving in Mongolia who have not been fully vaccinated against coronavirus infection (COVID-19) shall be quarantined at designated facilities for 7 days and PCR tests shall be taken on the 3rd and 6th days.
The quarantine will end if there are no symptoms and the results of PCR tests are negative.
In case, PCR test results are positive, an individual shall be transferred to a hospital for treatment.
Persons arriving in Mongolia 14 days after receiving the full dose of the coronavirus (COVID-19) vaccine or those who were diagnosed earlier with a coronavirus infection (COVID-19) and fully recovered from it shall be exempted from quarantine.
The Mongolian government extended the state of “all-out-preparedness” and associated lockdown measures still effective in Ulaanbaatar continuing until May 8. This decision also follows rising COVID-19 case counts throughout the city and the provinces.
During this lockdown, grocery store business hours are limited to between 7AM-7PM.
Sales of alcoholic beverages above 18% are prohibited.
Operations of capital city and local administrations are suspended except district and state emergency commission.
Data Source: covidcontrols.co