Updated February 2023
Aspiring Hajj pilgrims from Europe, America and Australia intending to participate in the annual Hajj pilgrimage must now apply through a newly launched government website called Motawif.
For those looking to learn more about the Hajj registration process from the above-mentioned territories, here’s all you need to know about the Motawif platform.
Table of Contents
What is the Motawif platform?
The Motawif platform is the exclusive online platform authorized by the Saudi Ministry of Hajj and Umrah to offer Hajj services to Muslims in Europe, America, and Australia. The online platform allows pilgrims from specified countries to register for the Hajj pilgrimage electronically.
The recent move by the Saudi authorities effectively abolishes the role of travel agencies in registering, booking and paying for Hajj packages, accommodation and permits.
When is the Motawif Hajj 2023 registration period?
There has not been any announcement regarding the exact dates of the Motawif Hajj 2023 registration period. However, the registration period for last year’s Hajj season took place from 10 to 12 June 2022.
How do I register on the Motawif platform?
Generally speaking, those residing in Europe, America, and Australia who are interested in performing the Hajj must register their interest through the Motawif platform. All successful registrants will then be eligible to take part in the ‘Hajj automated lottery.’
Those who are fortunate enough to have been selected may proceed to book and purchase their transport and accommodation packages directly with the Saudi government through the Motawif portal.
To guarantee a smooth booking experience, we have created this explainer video that will walk you step by step through application submission.
— Motawif_sa (@Motawif_SA) June 12, 2022
To register for Hajj on the Motawif platform, please follow the steps below.
- visit the Motawif platform at motawif.com.sa
- select your country of residence along with the number of guests. Note that 1 application may include up to 9 guests
- click on ‘view details’ to learn about the different available Hajj packages
- click on the ‘register’ button and enter your details
- details requested include your mobile number and email address. A one-time password will be sent to verify your mobile number and email address
- fill in the required passenger information, including your nationality and your passport information page. You will also need to upload your photo and COVID vaccination details
- if you are a resident of the country you’re applying from, you need to upload a copy of your residence permit/documentation
- repeat this process for each person in your group
- you will then be notified of the result of the draw at the specified date
Motawif Hajj draw 2023
The ministry announced that there would be no lottery or draw procedure for the Hajj in 2023. This year, reservations for the Hajj will be accepted on a first-come, first-served basis because there will be a cap on the number of pilgrims to protect everyone’s safety.
Motawif Hajj packages
To learn more about the available Motawif Hajj packages 2023, the Motawif representatives are available 24/7 to address any queries you may have.
You can email Motawif at [email protected] or call them at the following:
- France: Landline number 0033 (0)1 83 90 99 13
- UK: Landline number 0044 20 3814 3314 US: Toll-Free number 001 833 27 12 112
- KSA: Toll-free number 800 89 12 027