This page was last updated on 05 May, 2021.
At a Glance
Tourist Entry: Partially Allowed
Testing: Negative PCR test results required for all countries.
Quarantine Required: Yes
Quarantine Details: Self-quarantine for 14 days required for all countries.
Lockdown in Effect: Partial
Events: Partially Allowed
Transport: Operational with restrictions
Restaurants and Bars: Open with restrictions
Detailed Travel Advisory
1. Effective 7 May 2021 until 14 May 2021, flights from India are suspended.
2. Passengers are not allowed to enter.
– This does not apply to:
– nationals of Nepal;
– passengers with a Laissez-Passer issued by United Nations;
– passengers with a diplomatic passport traveling on duty;
– passengers with a tourist entry visa;
– foreign nationals of Nepali origin whose passport states Nepal as place of birth;
– relatives of nationals of Nepal.
3. Passengers must have a negative COVID-19 test result issued at most 72 hours before departure from the first embarkation point. Tests accepted are GeneXpert, NAAT and RT-PCR.
– This does not apply to:
– passengers younger than 5 years;
– effective 7 May 2021, passengers arriving from India.
4. Effective 7 May 2021, passengers arriving from India must have a negative COVID-19 PCR test result issued at most 72 hours before departure from the first embarkation point. The test result must have a photo and a barcode.
– This does not apply to passengers younger than 5 years.
5. Passengers who arrive from or have transited through South Africa or United Kingdom must have a confirmed hotel reservation for 5 days. The hotel must be listed on https://ccmc.gov.np/arms/attachments/Quarantine_HotelsList.pdf .
6. Effective 7 May 2021, passengers arriving from India must have a confirmed hotel reservation for 10 days. The hotel must be listed on https://ccmc.gov.np/arms/attachments/Quarantine_HotelsList.pdf .
7. Nationals of Nepal must present a completed “Passengers Locator Card” to the “health desk” upon arrival.
8. A completed, printed “International Traveller Form” must be presented at check-in. The form can be obtained at https://ccmc.gov.np/ .
9. Passengers could be subject to quarantine for up to 10 days.
10. Suspension of visa on arrival facilities.
Detailed Tourist Information
International flights have now resumed.
All tourists must first apply for a visa from a Nepalese embassy/mission or consulate in their home countries before travelling.
Negative results from a PCR test obtained within 72 hours prior to departure from the country of origin are required for entry.
All tourists must have travel insurance that includes $5000 worth of coverage for COVID-19.
Procedures at the international airport at this time consist of temperature checks and a spray disinfecting area.
If you are travelling in Nepal then the government has advised that you carry proof of your negative PCR test and proof of (at least) seven days accommodation with you at all times.
The Government of Nepal has lifted its restriction on the entry of passengers originating from the UK.
Nepal bans transit movement from India starting Apr 29, 2021.
Although some hotels in the Kathmandu valley are open, this can change at short notice. Local administrations in other districts are free to adapt a different model, and more restrictive lockdowns are still in place in other parts of the country.
-public spaces and services are now currently operating a restricted service in the Kathmandu valley to control outbreaks of COVID-19, and other districts may operate more restrictive models. Shops and services when open will only serve customers wearing some form of face mask. Shop openings may vary by location, as local administrations in other districts are free to adapt a different model, and more restrictive lockdowns are still in place in other parts of the country.
-people are required to maintain social distancing and wear masks in public, and there is a ban on large gatherings.
-entertainment centres such as cinema halls and dance bars, health clubs and swimming clubs, salons, beauty parlours, spas, libraries, zoos, and museums are currently closed.
Data Source: covidcontrols.co