This article has been reviewed by Wego’s editorial team to ensure that the content is up to date & accurate.
Updated February 2024
Oman family visa provides an opportunity for expats to bring their loved ones to the country and enjoy a fulfilling family life. In this article, we will delve into the latest updates on Oman’s family visa rules and regulations, including the required documents, application process, and other essential information to help you navigate the process with ease.
Wego has gathered for you all the information about the Oman Family Visa that you need to know. Keep reading to learn more!
Table of Contents
Oman family visa
Oman family visa, also known as Oman’s Family Joining & Residency visa, is one of the various types of visas that Oman now offers. This visa is intended for individuals who want to live and be reunited with their family members who reside in the Sultanate of Oman.
The Oman family visa is available to the spouse and children under 21 years old of an expatriate resident in Oman. Additionally, it can be granted to the foreign wife of an Omani national at his request, subject to confirmation of their marital status from the relevant authority.
Oman family visa rules
The Royal Oman Police has now significantly reduced the minimum salary that expatriates must earn to qualify for a family visa. The new rule now allows expats to bring their families to Oman if they make a minimum monthly wage of OMR 150, down from the previous requirement of OMR 350 per month.
The Directorate General of Passports and Residence now has the discretion to grant the family visa at the request of a local sponsor who assumes responsibility for the applicant. This visa is issued to relatives of a foreigner who are not eligible for a Family Joining Visa. However, certain conditions must be met when applying for an Oman family visa:
- children under the family visa must be under 21 years of age, and their visa will expire once they reach 21
- siblings covered under the family visa must be under 18 years of age
- the family visa will expire upon the expiration of the local sponsor’s visa
Oman family visa required documents
To apply for an Oman family visa, applicants must submit various documents, such as passports, marriage certificates and others. Please find below the complete list:
- a visa application form is typed, approved and stamped by the sponsor
- for Arabs holding passports issued in Arab countries the visa application form must be filled out in Arabic
- for Non-Arabs holding passports issued in non-Arab countries, the visa application form must be filled out in English
- two photographs (4 x 6) cm
- a copy of the passport of the foreigner who is resident in Oman and who wants his family to join him, and a copy of the labour card, or a copy of the ID card if the Omani national wants his family to join him
- the standard undertaking form is specified for the family joining visa applications. The undertaking form must be co-signed by the sponsor and the expatriate
- unless the names and passport details indicate the relationship between the foreigner who is resident in the country and the person who will join him, proof of their relationship must be attached
- a marriage certificate authenticated by the Embassy of the wife of the expatriate and attested by the Omani Ministry of Foreign Affairs should be submitted
- a copy of the specimen signature of the authorized signatories issued by the Ministry of Commerce and Industry. In the case of individual sponsors, a copy of the sponsor’s identity card must be attached in order to attest the signature
- a medical fitness certificate issued is required for foreigners who have reached 15 years and who are coming from certain countries
- the application should be submitted by the sponsor in person or the authorized representative in the case of companies
- if the family joining visa is requested for a foreign wife of an Omani national, a certificate from the Ministry of Interior confirming the status of the marriage must be presented
Oman family visa application
To apply for an Oman family visa, sponsors can follow the steps provided on the Royal Oman Police’s online website as follows:
- Visit the Royal Oman Police website
- Click on ‘Electronic Visa Services’
- Click on ‘Other visas’
- Click on ‘Click here to apply for a new visa’
- Input the passport details of the family member (applicant)
- Input the personal detail of the family member (applicant)
- Input the sponsor’s detail
- Complete the registration, print out the application form and take it to the nearest ROP Visa offices
Oman family visa validity
The Oman family visa is valid for a two-year stay in the country from the date of entry or the date of stamping in the passport. The visa must be used for entry within six months from the date of issuance.
Oman family visa renewal
The sponsor can renew the family visa through the online website of Royal Oman Police by following these steps:
- Fill up and submit the Online Visa Application Form
- Complete the online payment process
- Print the completed form
- Take the printed form enclosed with the required documents to the nearest ROP Visa office
Oman family visa price
The Oman family visa costs around OMR 20.