This article is reviewed regularly (on a monthly basis) by Wego’s editorial team to ensure that the content is up to date & accurate.
Updated 10 May 2022
Currently, Oman is offering different types of visas and one of them is a family visit visa. The purpose of this visa is for people who wish to visit and reunite with their family who live in the Sultanate of Oman. This visa can be obtained with simple and easy steps, and we have gathered all the needed information for you who wish to get a family visit visa for your family. Read further to find out.
Oman family visit visa 2022 rules & requirements
Here are the rules that you should observe before getting the Oman family visit visa:
- Brothers and sisters should be below 18 years of age. There should also be an attachment proving that there are no family relations outside Oman.
- As soon as the applicant’s residence permit has expired, the family visa also expires.
- The children of the applicants must be below 21 years of age. If they have passed the age of 21, the residence permit for the children will expire.
- The sponsor should also be a fully legal Omani national and will be held responsible for any of the information mentioned in the submitted family visa application form by the applicant.
- The minimum salary to get a family visa in Oman is 300 OMR or 779.22 USD.
- A mother can sponsor her child in Oman provided that she meets the minimum salary condition. The sponsorship may be invalid if the mother is a single parent or a divorcee.
Below are the requirements for the Oman family visit visa:
- A copy of the foreigner’s passport whose family will be joining in Oman while a copy of the foreigner’s residence card is also submitted along with it.
- There is an undertaking form that has been specified only for family joining visas and needs to be filled by the sponsor and his employee. Children below fifteen years of age are exempt from this requirement.
- A document proving the family relation between the foreigner and his family is also to be attached when the application form is to be submitted. This, however, is needed to be done only and only if the relation has not been mentioned in the passport of the foreigner.
- A document proving the marriage of the foreigner and his or her spouse should also be attached. If the wife of an Omani national is to join Oman then there should be a certificate approved by the Ministry of Interior which confirms the marriage.
Oman family visit visa application process – offline
- Bring all the necessary documents to apply for the family visit visa
- Visit the nearest ROP (Royal Oman Police) Visa Service.
- Submit all the needed documents to the ROP Visa Service.
Oman family visit visa application process – online
The online application process requires the user to:
- Fill up and submit the Online Visa Application Form
- Complete the online payment process
- Print the completed form
- Take the printed form enclosed with the required documents to the nearest ROP Visa office.
Oman family visit visa validity
Oman family visit visa is valid for a total period of 3 months from the date of issue.
Once the family visa gets expired you need to either renew the visa or register the residence permit once again. If this is not done then a fine of 50 Omani riyals per month will be applicable.
Oman family visit visa processing time
The general time for visa processing is around 2 to 15 days.
Oman family visit visa 2022 price
The price of an Oman family visit visa in 2022 is around 20 OMR or 51 USD.