This article is reviewed regularly by Wego‘s editorial team to ensure that the content is up to date & accurate.
Updated March 2023
NADRA, which stands for National Database and Registration Authority, has launched a beta version of its next-generation Pak ID mobile application, enabling Pakistani citizens to access ID services on their mobile devices. What are the features and how can you access them? Read further to know more.
What is the PAK ID mobile app?
NADRA, the National Database Registration Authority, has launched the latest PAK ID mobile application to make it easier for citizens to apply for national identity cards, particularly for overseas Pakistanis.
With the mobile app’s document identification system and biometric verification facility, citizens can now upload necessary documents directly through the app.
Citizens can apply for CNIC and Family Registration Certificates without the need to visit NADRA offices, eliminating long queues and waiting times. The app’s latest version includes a built-in document recognition system and contactless biometric verification, offering users a comprehensive range of ID issuance services, such as uploading and submitting documents, capturing photographs and fingerprints, and adding digital signatures using their smartphones.
Thrilled to celebrate #PakistanDay with the ultimate gift from @NadraPak – #PakID Mobile App! 🎉📱 #BetaRelease
Apply for #ID cards & documents using your smartphone without visiting NADRA offices, avoiding long queues & waiting time /1
#DigitalPakistan #PakistanZindabad 🇵🇰 pic.twitter.com/t9yuf32nBm
— Tariq Malik ™ (@ReplyTariq) March 23, 2023
How to register on Pak ID mobile app?
You can easily register on PAK ID mobile app by following these steps:
- Register an account.
- Choose the relevant category and start your application.
- Fill in the application form online.
- Pay fees through a debit or credit card. Check the payment guidelines here.
- Upload a photograph through Pak-ID mobile application
- Capture fingerprint through Pak-ID mobile application.
- Upload scanned documents through Pak-ID mobile application.
- Submit the application.
Pak-ID mobile app is available on Google Play and App Store.
PAK ID mobile app photograph guidelines
While photo can be taken on the phone and uploaded to the app, there are some rules about taking photograph yourself:
- Photograph must be taken against a white background with dimensions not less than 350 x 467.
- Photograph must be taken while looking straight in the camera with sharp focus.
- Black and white photographs are not accepted.
- Make sure that photograph is taken with appropriate brightness and contrast.
- Eyes must be clear in the photograph with no hair across the eyes.
- Photograph must be taken without glasses and cap.
- Photograph must be original without filters or layers and has not been altered in any way.