Updated 21 February 2022
The fight against COVID-19 is still primarily in place. The countries have mandated different entry procedures for travellers, and some of these requirements involve a pre-arrival registration process for the travellers. As a part of this requirement, Oman has also mandated a pre-arrival registration process.
As part of Oman’s entry and registration process, eMushrif is no longer used for all travellers pre-arrival to Oman. Effective from January 18 2022, travellers to Oman are mandated to register themselves on Oman’s Ministry of Health arrival registration website. Here is everything you need to know about Oman’s arrival registration process.
All passengers are mandated to pre-register and upload their vaccine certificate and negative PCR certificate at Oman’s Ministry of Health website by registering for the Travel Registration Form (TRF).
Travel Registration Form (TRF)
Both vaccinated and unvaccinated passengers travelling to Oman must submit their vaccination certificates (if they are fully vaccinated) and negative PCR tests results. All travellers need to complete this registration process prior to being on board to avoid any consequences such as being denied entry.
Please note that:
- This does not apply to passengers with a diplomatic passport travelling on duty
- In the case where you are travelling to Oman for employment, your sponsor can complete and pay for this registration on your behalf.
What are the required documents?
Before pre-registering for the TRF (Travel Registration Form), travellers must gather the following documents:
- a valid travel document (passport or Omani National ID/Omani Residency Card)
- a debit card or a credit card (for online payment).
- a valid flight ticket (flight number required).
- vaccine certificate
- a valid PCR test. For 8+ hour flights, the PCR test report will be valid for 96 hours, while for flights less than 8 hours, the PCR test report will be valid for 72 hours
- a valid medical condition form (if you can’t take any PCR test or vaccine due to medical conditions)
Travellers can go through some other vital information before registering for their TRF here.
What are the steps to register for TRF?
The following are the steps you can take to register on the pre-arrival registration in Oman’s Ministry of Health website:
- Visit the pre-arrival registration platform here.
- Click on “travel forms” to pre-register on the travel registration form. The information page will be displayed. Go through each and every requirement thoroughly.
- After going through the requirements, tick off the “I agree to the refund policy of the PCR test” to proceed
- Select your vaccination category from the available options; fully vaccinated, and non-vaccinated.
- Enter your passport details if you are an international traveller or civil ID if you are an Omani resident, nationality, date of birth, and the captcha.
- Fill in your vaccination details and upload your vaccine certificate (with QR code) as required. Please note that the maximum size for uploading your vaccine certificate is 3MB
- Fill in your PCR test details and upload your negative PCR test certificate (with QR code) as required
- Fill in your personal details, travel journey, and your contact details
- Run a final check on all your provided details, enter the captcha and click next
Please keep a soft or hard copy of your travel registration form (TRF) once you have completed the payment. The travel registration form (TRF) needs to be presented at your port of entry upon arrival.
Registration is free of charge for fully vaccinated passengers with negative PCR test reports before arrival.
However, passengers who fail to meet these requirements will be subject to some additional charges. You can check the price of an on-arrival PCR test here.
If you arrive in Oman by air or sea, your TRF will be valid for seven days from the arrival date. The form is valid for one-time use only.
Oman’s Ministry of Health also provides other services namely registering for the drive-thru PCR test or registering for the rapid antigen test on their website.