This article is reviewed regularly (on a monthly basis) by Wego’s editorial team to ensure that the content is up to date & accurate.
Updated 24 February 2021
In line with Kuwait’s closed borders policy, international arrivals to the country are restricted to Kuwaiti nationals only (with some exceptions).
Prior to departure, all returning Kuwaitis must first register themselves on the Kuwait Mosafer App and complete the payment of two COVID‑19 PCR tests. The first test will be conducted on arrival in Kuwait and the second on the 6th day of the institutional quarantine.
Here is all you need to know about quarantine hotels in Kuwait; the list of hotels, prices and more.
Travellers allowed into Kuwait
The Kuwaiti government has suspended the entry of non-Kuwait nationals indefinitely. As such, those allowed into Kuwait are as follows:
- First‑degree relatives of Kuwaitis
- Domestic workers travelling with a Kuwaiti sponsor
- Diplomats and staff of diplomatic missions
- MOH employees
- Private medical sector employees according to the list approved by the Ministry of Health. Private medical sector direct families names must be included in Ministry of Health approved list.
- Direct families of the above categories with valid residence (private medical sector direct families’ names must be included in the MOH approved list)
Kuwait’s quarantine measures
All arriving passengers must undergo a mandatory 14‑day quarantine, 7 days at an officially designated quarantine hotel at their own cost and the final 7 days at home. Passengers must present proof that they have pre‑booked their hotel quarantine at check‑in.
Exemptions extend to diplomats, patients who travelled overseas for medical treatment, students studying overseas, medical crews and unaccompanied minors.
List of designated Kuwait quarantine hotels
As listed on the Kuwait Mosafer app, the following are hotels designated for quarantine. Please note that reservations can only be made through the Kuwait Mosafer app.
- Al Kout Beach Hotel
- Crowne Plaza Kuwait Al Thuraya City
- Hilton Kuwait Resort
- Millennium Hotel & Convention Centre Kuwait
- Movenpick Hotel & Resort Al Bida’a
- Radisson Blu Hotel, Kuwait
- Safir Fintas Kuwait Hotel
- Symphony Style Hotel Kuwait
- The Palms Beach Hotel and Spa
- The Regency Hotel Kuwait
- ADAMS HOTEL
- Al Hamra Hotel Kuwait
- BestWestern plus hotel Mahboula
- BestWestern plus hotel Salmyia
- Copthorne Al Jahra Hotel & Resort
- Costa Del Sol Hotel
- Courtyard by Marriott Kuwait City Hotel
- Grand Hotel Kuwait
- GRAND MAJESTIC HOTEL KUWAIT
- Holiday Inn & Suites Kuwait Salmiya
- Holiday Inn Kuwait Al Thuraya City
- le Royal Hotel
- Millennium Central Kuwait Downtown Hotel
- Movenpick Hotel Kuwait
- Plaza Athenee Hotel
- Swiss-belboutique Hotel
- The Convention Center & Royal Suites Hotel
- Wahaj Boulevard Hotel
- Al Bastaki International Hotel
- Dalal City Hotel
- Ibis Salmiya Hotel
- Ibis Sharq Hotel
- INN & GO Kuwait Plaza Hotel
- Le Jazz Hotel
- Le Royal Express Salmiya
- Le Royal Express Sharq
- Oasis Hotel
- PALAZZO HOTEL
- Ramada Encore Kuwait Downtown
- Residence Inn by Marriott Kuwait City Hotel
- Rimal Hotel&Resort
- Salmiya International Hotel
- The Rester Suite Hotel
- The venue Hotel
How much is the cost of Kuwait quarantine hotel?
The cost associated with Kuwait hotel quarantine has been agreed upon by the Kuwait Hotel Owners Association (KHOA).
Three-star hotels: For a standard single room and double room with breakfast and airport transfer, the rates are KD 20 (USD 66) and KD 30 (USD 99) per night respectively.
Four-star hotels: For a standard single room and double room with breakfast and airport transfer, the rates are KD 30 (USD 99) and KD 40 (USD 132) per night respectively.
Five-star hotels: For a standard single room and double room with breakfast and airport transfer, the rates are KD 45 (USD 148) and KD 55 (USD 181) per night respectively.
The Kuwait hotel quarantine regulation will remain in effect until at least 21 March 2021.