This article is reviewed regularly by Wego’s editorial team to ensure that the content is up to date & accurate.
Updated January 2023
Egypt is a land of wonder defined by captivating desert landscapes, towering pyramids, and the enchanting Nile river, among many others. Now that the world has come out of the grip of the COVID-19 pandemic, the gates to Egypt are finally open to international tourists. Egypt makes an exceptional destination, especially for travellers from Saudi Arabia, given the geographical proximity of these two Middle Eastern countries.
Keep reading to learn more about travelling to Egypt from Saudi Arabia in 2023.
Can I travel to Egypt from Saudi Arabia?
Yes, you can.
Currently, there are no countries barred from entering Egypt. Egypt has also lifted the COVID-19 testing and vaccination requirements, meaning travellers will not need to present a negative test report or proof of vaccination.
Egypt entry requirements
All incoming international travellers arriving in the country would need to fill in a health declaration form for Egypt. You can fill the form here and remember to sign the form and present it to border control upon arrival.
Egyptian authorities have also made travel insurance a requirement for all international visitors. There are no formal coverage minimums or requirements for travel insurance, except that the duration of the coverage must last for the entire duration that you’re in Egypt.
Egypt’s COVID-19 entry restrictions were lifted on June 17, 2022. Since then, passengers travelling to Egypt do not need to take a COVID-19 test before departure or upon arrival.
No, Egypt no longer required passengers to quarantine upon arrival.
However, anyone that tests positive for COVID-19 while in Egypt is required to quarantine for 14 days.
Fortunately, Saudi Arabia is on the list of countries that are eligible for Egypt e-Visa.
This means Saudi Arabians can easily obtain a single- or multiple-entry visa to Egypt through a completely digital process. To apply for the Egypt e-Visa, click here.
Moreover, Saudi Arabians are allowed visas on arrival in Egypt. For more information, check out our dedicated article.
Flights from Saudi Arabia to Egypt
Saudia and Egypt Air are two of the most popular carriers operating direct daily flights from Saudi Arabia to Egypt.
The Saudi Arabia-Egypt flight prices for the month of January and February are as below.
Please note: All prices are accurate at the time of writing.
- Riyadh – Cairo: two direct flights available all days of the week, prices starting SAR 625.
- Riyadh – Alexandria: multiple connecting flights available all days of the week, prices starting SAR 846.
- Jeddah – Cairo: three direct flights available all days of the week, prices starting SAR 568.
- Jeddah – Alexandria: multiple connecting flights available all days of the week, prices starting SAR 972.
- Riyadh – Cairo: two direct flights available all days of the week, prices starting SAR 592.
- Riyadh – Alexandria: one direct flight available three days of the week, prices starting SAR 1,258.
- Jeddah – Cairo: five direct flights available all days of the week, prices starting SAR 532.
- Jeddah – Alexandria: at least one direct flight available all days of the week, prices starting SAR 715.
Book cheap flights to Egypt now