Updated 16 September 2021
Saudi Arabia, steadily but slowly resuming post-COVID travel conditions, has reopened its international flights, finally allowing travellers to both visit and travel outside of the Kingdom. However, quarantine still remains mandatory for unvaccinated travellers arriving in the Kingdom.
Now that travel restrictions are finally starting to ease up a little, you can fly to Saudi Arabia and get your quarantine sorted with the help of quarantine packages offered by several air carriers. Keep reading to find more about quarantine packages available in Saudi Arabia.
Quarantine requirements in Saudi Arabia
All non-Saudi travellers over the age of eight must serve a 7-day institutional quarantine. On the 5th day, a second PCR test will be conducted, and if the result is negative, they are permitted to leave quarantine the next day.
The traveller must obtain the 7-day institutional quarantine package from their respective transporting carrier at their own expense.
Updated quarantine rules from 23 September 2021
Saudi’s General Authority of Civil Aviation (GACA) has issued new regulations regarding the entry of airline passengers from destinations not on the kingdom’s banned list, which will come into effect from Thursday, September 23, 2021, at 12 noon.
The following categories of people will be subject to 5 days of institutional quarantine. These individuals will need to take two PCR tests post-arrival in Saudi – the first within 24 hours of landing and the second on the fifth day of the institutional quarantine:
- Non-vaccinated individuals
- An individual who has received only one dose of the Kingdom’s approved vaccines. They must take the second dose in the kingdom after the end of the institutional quarantine.
- Those who have taken vaccines approved by the WHO, but not approved in the kingdom (including Sinopharm and Sinovac). They should receive a booster dose from one of the vaccines available in the Kingdom after arrival.
تعرّف على إجراءات دخول القادمين إلى المملكة المحدثة للمقيمين والزائرين من الدول المسموح القدوم منها. pic.twitter.com/4wV6G8N9ND
— هيئة الطيران المدني (@ksagaca) September 13, 2021
Vaccinated individuals will be exempted from both quarantine and testing requirements, provided they show proof of immunization.
Other exemptions include:
- Saudi citizens, citizen spouses and their mothers, citizens children and domestic workers accompanying any of these categories
- Non-immune travellers in this category shall comply with home quarantine for 7 days and be allowed to take the COVID 19 PCR test starting on the 6th day of quarantine.
- Non-immune domestic workers accompanying an immune resident
- Non-immune guests shall comply with home quarantine for 7 days and be allowed to take the COVID 19 PCR test starting on the 6th day of quarantine.
- Immune guests of citizens and residents and their companions, resident’s wives and resident’s children those who are under the age of (18) who are not accompanied by their parents
- Non-immune Guests shall comply with Home Quarantine for 7 days and take PCR test on the 6th day of quarantine.
- Those holding a diplomatic visa, diplomats and their residing families, and their domestic workers
- they’ll have to adhere to the quarantine procedures by staying in their homes in accordance to the MOH approved regulations
- Cabin crews
- Those involved in health supply chains, according to MOH
- Health practitioners working in government sectors, their families and companions those who are under the age of 18
- they must comply with home quarantine for 7 days with 2 PCR tests, one within 24 hours and another on the 7th day
The following categories will be exempted from institutional quarantine. However, they will have to home quarantine for 2 weeks:
- Saudi citizens, their spouses and children
- Official delegates
- Diplomats and their families residing with them
- Workers in the healthcare supply chain
- Airline cabin crew, navy and truck drivers
If you do not fall in the exempted categories of travellers who can skip institutional quarantine and you’re planning on travelling or returning to Saudi Arabia, you must first book your quarantine package with your transportation carrier.
In order to book your quarantine package with Saudia Airlines, you will have to take note of the following:
- Quarantine packages are subject to guests holding a valid Saudia reservation can only be availed if the air ticket was booked through the Saudia website.
- Guests must check their eligibility for travel by the concerned countries and obtain the required permits and permissions if needed.
- Conditions and guidelines are subject to frequent changes without prior notice.
- Before travelling, guests must check the latest information about the conditions and guidelines required for travel from official and authorized sources.
- Guests will obtain 2 Covid tests on entry and before exit.
- Please ensure you read and understand the terms and conditions as all packages are non-refundable.
Booking terms and conditions
- Quarantine packages are available on all classes of travel
- Quarantine packages are valid for any bookings made online, telesales, on CTOs or with travel agents.
- Not valid in conjunction with any other promotion or offer.
- Offers are subject to change without prior notice.
- Bookings are non-refundable.
- Guest must have only Saudia flight booking. Packages do not apply to other airline bookings.
- All reservations are on selected hotels only.
- Packages are available on the Saudia Holidays platform.
- The hotel may request an amount from the guest upon check-in as a deposit to be returned to the guest in the event that no damage is caused to the room upon check-out.
- During the quarantine period, hotel restaurants provide only three meals, “breakfast, lunch and dinner”, in the rooms.
- All three packages include breakfast, lunch and dinner meals.
- Children up to 6 years old can benefit from accommodation and meals for free, by sharing a bed with their parents, with no more than two children in the double room only, kids from 7 to 12 years old can share the bed with their parents, and they will be charged. For one child per night, it includes three meals.
- This information may differ from one hotel to another.
Make sure to complete this checklist while booking your quarantine package with Flynas:
- Book your flight on flynas.com
- Ensure you have all the correct documents including a valid passport and Visa. You will need to have conducted a PCR test no more than 72 hours before your flight departure.
- After completing your flight booking, a travel advisor from the appointment partner (Almosafer) will call you to purchase your package (Which will include a hotel stay and bookings for 2 PCR tests)
- Once your quarantine package has been booked and confirmed, please print a copy and take it to the airport with you. You will need this to check-in and board your flight.
If the airline’s available quarantine package doesn’t suit you, you can cancel your flight booking for free and receive a credit valid for one year.
If you arrive before hotel standard check-in times, you are encouraged to book an additional night to ensure room availability.
Booking terms and conditions
- The package booking is non-refundable after it’s confirmed.
- The cancellation and refund can be requested for any travel which was affected by COVID-19. A medical certificate must be provided.
- Packages can be designed to include additional services upon request (transportation etc.)
In compliance with KSA regulations, only one person is allowed per room, except for the following:
- Travellers of the same family (first-degree relatives).
- Caregivers of special needs travellers or the elderly.
Your package will include the cost of:
- Accommodation costs in the institutional quarantine.
- Cost of two (COVID-19) PCR tests for all passengers (excluding passengers under the age of eight)