Updated 9 March 2022
Saudi Arabia, steadily but slowly resuming post-COVID travel conditions, has reopened its international flights, finally allowing travellers to both visit and travel outside of the Kingdom. Most restrictions have been eased due to high rates of immunity and vaccination drives throughout the nation.
Now that travel restrictions are finally starting to ease up a little, you can fly to Saudi Arabia with minimum travel requirements. Arabic language guide is available here – الحجر الصحي المؤسسي في السعودية: إليك الشروط والفنادق والباقات والأسعار
Table of Contents
Quarantine requirements in Saudi Arabia
Saudi Arabia has lifted all quarantine measures as well as PCR tests for vaccinated inbound arrivals from 5 March 2022. Most COVID-19 restrictions in the country including maintaining social distance and wearing masks outdoor have been done away with.
General guidelines to be followed by arrivals to the KSA:
- Present proof of vaccination (2 doses of Pfizer BioNTech/Comirnaty, 2 doses of Oxford AstraZeneca/Covishield/SK Bioscience/Vaxzevria, 2 doses of Moderna/Spikevax, 1 dose of Johnson & Johnson).
- Possess COVID 19 insurance to cover insurance for any COVID-19 related medical expenses.
- Register on the Tawakkalna application before arriving at the point of departure.
If you are fully vaccinated with Saudi or WHO-approved vaccines within the KSA:
- You must carry either your vaccine certificates or proof of vaccination status via applications recognized in Saudi Arabia.
- If you have completed two doses of the Sinopharm or Sinovac vaccines, you will be accepted on the condition that you have received an additional dose of one of the vaccines approved in the Kingdom mentioned in the general guidelines.
- Your vaccine certificate should be issued by an official health authority from the country that provided the vaccine.
- You should have received your final dose no less than 14 days before travelling to Saudi.
Arrivals from banned countries:
Saudi Arabia has lifted the ban on several countries including South Africa, Namibia, Botswana, Zimbabwe, Mozambique, Lesotho, Malawi, Zambia, Madagascar, Angola, Seychelles, Mauritius, Union of Comoros and the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
Travellers immunized with Saudi approved vaccines from these nations can now enter the country with minimal restrictions.
Saudi Arabia institutional quarantine fee refund
Travellers to Saudi earlier needed to book their quarantine package with their transportation carrier. However, as per the latest announcement by the General Authority of Civil Aviation (GACA), all airlines operating in the KSA will need to refund the institutional quarantine package fee received from passengers while booking their tickets to Saudi.
As per the latest directives, the mandatory institutional quarantine and home quarantine are no longer applicable to travelers upon their arrival in the Kingdom. Inbound travellers also do not require to submit a negative COVID-19 PCR or antigen test result before arriving in Saudi.
However, those arriving in Saudi Arabia on a visit visa of any kind must ensure that they have insurance that covers the costs of treatment from COVID-19 infections during the period of their stay in the Kingdom.