Updated January 2023
Saudi Arabia is currently open for tourism, and international travel to or from the kingdom has been largely restored. For those wishing to visit Saudi Arabia, visas will once again be issued by the authorities to accommodate the various needs of various travellers.
For UAE residents intending to visit the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, here is everything you need to know.
Do UAE residents need a visa to visit Saudi Arabia?
No, nationals belonging to the GCC countries, including residents from the UAE, do not require a visa to visit Saudi Arabia and may use National ID cards to enter the Kingdom.
However, UAE residents can apply for the new visa scheme for GCC residents, which allows them to apply for a Saudi eVisa through the Visit Saudi online portal. Furthermore, it also allows them to visit Saudi for both Umrah and tourism purposes.
Saudi visa for UAE residents general requirements
To be eligible to apply for the Saudi eVisa, UAE residents must meet the following conditions:
- the UAE resident’s occupation must be among the eligible occupations listed on the Visit Saudi online portal
- the residency document must be valid for three (3) months
- the passport must be valid for at least six (6) months
- a parent application is mandatory for children under the age of 18
- applicants must complete separate visa applications for each member of their direct family and must accompany the member upon entering Saudi
Saudi visa for UAE residents online application
UAE residents can apply for the Saudi eVisa online from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MOFA) website by following the steps given below:
- visit the MOFA website and log in to your account.
- fill out the required information.
- opload the required eVisa documents
Once approved, you will receive your Saudi eVisa via email.
Saudi visa for UAE residents price
The cost for the Saudi eVisa is SAR 300 (AED 293) plus fees for full health insurance.
The multiple-entry tourist visa is valid for one year from the date of issuance, and the permissible period of stay is 90 days. The single-entry tourist visa is valid for three months from the date of issuance, and the permissible period of stay is 30 days.
Please note that the visa application fee is non-refundable.