This article is reviewed regularly by Wego’s editorial team to ensure that the content is up to date & accurate.
Updated January 2023
Saudi Arabia offers a range of visas to travellers for various purposes. Those looking to obtain a Saudi visa are required to provide specific supporting documents along with their visa application. While the type of documents required varies depending on the purpose of their visit, travellers need to mandatorily submit at least one photograph as one of the key requirements.
We invite you to learn all the details concerning the Saudi visa photo requirements below.
Saudi visa photo requirements 2023
The Saudi authorities are particularly strict when it comes to their visa photograph requirements. If your photograph fails to meet the standards set by the authorities, your Saudi visa application will be rejected. These standards include specific dimensions, resolution, and appearance guidelines that must be followed, as detailed below.
In order to ensure that the photograph is suitable for use on a visa application, applicants must provide a recent photo not older than 6 months.
Saudi visa photo requirement size
As per the official rules, the photograph should be passport-sized, which is around 2 x 2 inches (51×51 mm, 5×5 cm). The resolution of the photo must be at least 600 dpi.
Saudi visa photo specifications
The followings are the specifications of the Saudi visa photo that must be adhered to by visa applicants. Non-compliance may result in the rejection of their visa applications.
Background and quality of the photograph
- the background should be white with no exceptions
- it must be a coloured photograph, not black and white
- the photograph has to be a full-face view in which the applicant is facing the camera directly
- side or angled views are not accepted
- smiling to the camera is not allowed
When submitting their application, it is advised to use tape, paper clips or a single staple to attach the photo. Applicants are not allowed to use more than one staple or an excessive amount of glue. If stapled, it should not be placed on the applicant’s face, forehead, or clothing. Instead, it should be placed at either top or side of the photograph.
Attire of the applicant
- though the dress will not be prominently visible in the picture, applicants are still advised to dress appropriately
- headwear is allowed only for religious purposes. In such cases, the face should be fully visible from the chin to the forehead. No shadows should be visible on the face.
- prescription glasses are permitted, but applicants must ensure there is no flash reflection
Expression of the applicant
- the head of the applicant should be neither at an angle nor turned (portrait style).
- the head must be square to the camera; the face can be slightly rotated and or tilted.
- the face and eyes must be straight towards the camera, so both ears and cheek are clearly visible.
Saudi visa photo requirements for babies, infants, and newborns
Though still underage, parents must condition their babies for the visa photograph with the following guidelines:
- the child must be awake and the eyes visible
- parents must ensure white background
- parents must not be visible in the photo, which includes their hands
- headwear should be removed unless for religious reasons