This article is reviewed regularly by Wego’s editorial team to ensure that the content is up to date & accurate
Updated July 2023
Singapore is a bustling island city-state known for its impressive skyline, diverse culture, and its role as an important financial hub. As such, Singapore regularly attracts travelers looking to enter the city-state for various purposes each and every year.
If you’re wondering whether or not Singapore offers visa on arrival facilities based on your nationality or country of origin, we invite you to read our article further and find out the answer.
Table of Contents
Does Singapore offer visa on arrival facilities?
Singapore does not currently offer visa on arrival facilities for any country, which means the application for a visa must be submitted and approved prior to arrival. However, please note that most countries do not require an entry visa to enter Singapore.
If you’re holding travel documents issued by a specified list of countries, you will first need to apply for an entry visa to seek entry into Singapore.
What countries need a Singapore visa?
If you’re a national of the following countries, entry to Singapore involves obtaining an entry visa beforehand:
- Democratic People’s Republic of Korea
- People’s Republic of China (PRC)
- Saudi Arabia
- South Sudan
Furthermore, holders of the below travel documents must also apply for a Singapore visa:
- a refugee travel document. This travel document is subject to the assessment of recognition for entry into Singapore
- an alien’s passport. This travel document is subject to the assessment of recognition for entry into Singapore
- a Palestinian Authority passport
- a temporary passport issued by the United Arab Emirates
- a Document of Identity issued by the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region
- a Travel Permit issued by Macao Special Administrative Region
Are there additional entry requirements?
It’s important to note that possession of a valid visa does not guarantee entry into Singapore. Please do refer to the ICA’s entry requirements for more information.