Updated 8 August 2022
Trains are the most popular mode of long-distance travel in India. Tickets are usually booked months in advance, leaving no room for last-minute emergency bookings. The number of people travelling by train especially increases during holidays and festive seasons.
To assist with the traffic, the Indian Railways periodically announced special trains, which are additional temporary trains covering popular routes. Here is the latest schedule for special trains announced all over the country.
Special train list 2022
Indian Railways is one of the world’s largest railway networks and operates trains to even the remotest part of the country. To ease traffic, extra trains covering popular routes are regularly being announced by the Central Railways authorities. Continue reading to keep track of all special trains currently in place.
Summer special trains
Between Kazipet and Dadar
The Central Railways have announced 22 summer trains to operate from May to July 2022 between Kazipet and Dadar to clear extra rush during the summer season. The details are as follows:
Dadar-Kazipet weekly special via Manmad, Nanded, Nizamabad (12 services)
- Train No. 07195 Special will leave Kazipet at 17.00 hrs and arrive in Dadar at 13.25 hrs the next day.
Every Wednesday from May 25, 2022, to June 29, 2022
- Train No. 07196 Special will leave Dadar at 21.45 hrs and arrive at Kazipet at 20.00 hrs the next day.
Every Thursday from May 26, 2022, to June 30, 2022
Dadar-Kazipet weekly special via Manmad, Nanded, Adilabad, Chandrapur, Balharshah (10 services)
- Train No. 07197 Special will leave Kazipet at 11.30 hrs and will arrive in Dadar at 13.25 hrs the next day.
Every Saturday from May 28, 2022, to June 25, 2022
- Train No. 07198 Special will leave Dadar at 21.45 hrs and will arrive at Kazipet at 23.45 hrs the next day.
Every Sunday from May 29, 2022, to June 26, 2022
Between Mumbai and Shalimar
2 special trains on special charges between Mumbai and Shalimar have also been announced.
- Train No. 08101 summer special will leave Lokmanya Tilak Terminus at 22.00 hrs on June 18, 2022, and will arrive in Shalimar at 11.35 hrs on the third day.
- Train No. 08102 summer special will leave Shalimar at 15.35 hrs on June 14, 2022, and will arrive at Lokmanya Tilak Terminus at 04.05 hrs on the third day.
Between Sainagar Shirdi and Dahar ka Balaji
20 weekly summer special trains have been announced between Sainagar Shirdi and Dahar ka Balaji. Given below are the latest details:
- Train no.09740 weekly superfast summer special will leave Sainagar Shirdi every Sunday, at 07.25 hrs and will arrive in Dahar ka Balaji at 08.10 hrs the next day.
From April 24, 2022, to June 26, 2022
- Train no.09739 weekly superfast summer special will leave Dahar ka Balaji every Friday, at 21.20 hrs and will arrive in Sainagar Shirdi at 20.30 hrs the next day.
From April 22, 2022, to June 24, 2022
Extension of summer special trains
In a bid to further clear traffic, Indian Railways has decided to extend the operation of some special trains between Mumbai-Rewa and Pune – Jabalpur. The details are:
- Train No. 02188 Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Terminus – Rewa special
Will run till July 29, 2022.
- Train No. 02187 Rewa – Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Terminus special
Will run till June 30, 2022
- Train No. 02131 Pune -–Jabalpur Superfast special
Will run till August 15, 2022.
- Train No. 02132 Jabalpur -– Pune Superfast special
Will till August 14, 2022.
Monsoon special trains
The Indian Railways has notified that it will be running Monsoon special trains on the Konkan route, with effect from June 10, 2022. The trains will run till October 31, 2022. The timings of the special monsoon trains will be revised as per the details mentioned below:
- Train No. 16516 Karwar – Yesvantpur Express commencing journey with effect from Karwar from June 11, 2022
- Train No. 16515 Yesvantpur – Karwar commencing journey with effect from Yesvantpur from June 10, 2022
- Train No.16596 Karwar – KSR Bengaluru Daily Express commencing journey with effect from Karwar from June 10, 2022
- Train No.16595 KSR Bengaluru – Karwar Daily Express commencing journey with effect from KSR Bengaluru from June 10, 2022
- Train No. 12742 Patna – Vasco-Da-Gama Weekly Superfast Express commencing journey with effect from Patna from June 11, 2022
- Train No. 12741 Vasco-Da-Gama – Patna Weekly superfast Express commencing journey with effect from Vasco-Da-Gama from June 15, 2022
- Train No.11097 Pune – Ernakulam Poorna Express commencing journey with effect from Pune from June 11, 2022
- Train No.11098 Ernakulam – Pune Poorna Express commencing journey with effect from Ernakulam from June 1, 2022
Special train for RRB Exam
Railways will run an express train between Kolhapur and Thiruvananthapuram for the benefit of Railway Recruitment Boards (RRB) exam candidates as per details given below:
- Train No. 06052 special will leave Thiruvananthapuram at 08.00 hrs on June 13, 2022, and arrive in Kolhapur at 17.30 hrs on 14 June 2022.
- Train No. 06051 special will leave Kolhapur at 23.00 hrs on June 17, 2022, and arrive at Thiruvananthapuram at 06.40 hrs on 19 June 2022.
Special train booking and status check
You can easily book special train tickets online by following the usual steps taken while booking normal trains.
- Go to irctc.co.in
- Log in or create an account with IRCTC (Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation)
- Go to the ‘Book Your Ticket’ page
- Enter boarding and destination station
- Select date and class of travel
- Check for seat availability on the special train, whose name begins with the initials ‘SPL’
- Click on the book now option
- Provide more personal details such as name, age, etc.
- Enter mobile number and captcha
- Pay the fare online using a credit card, debit card, net banking or UPI
- You will receive a message on your phone with details and the status of your booking
Alternatively, with a few clicks, you can easily find special trains through Wego Trains, an official partner of the IRCTC. Simply enter your departing and arrival stations, check availability and proceed with the bookings.