This page was last updated on 07 May, 2021.
At a Glance
Tourist Entry: Partially Allowed
Testing: Will be required to present a negative PCR test and will be subject to a PCR test upon arrival.
Quarantine Required: Yes
Quarantine Details: Mandatory quarantine for 14 days required for all countries.
Lockdown in Effect: Partial
Events: Partially Allowed
Transport: Operational with restrictions
Restaurants and Bars: Open with restrictions
Detailed Travel Advisory
1. Passengers must have an approval from the Foreign Ministry of Sri Lanka by sending an email to: [email protected] .
– This does not apply to nationals and dual nationals of Sri Lanka staying in a designated quarantine hotel.
2. Passengers arriving via “Sri Lanka Tourism” must obtain an approval at https://www.srilanka.travel/helloagain/ .
3. Passengers must have a printed negative COVID-19 PCR test taken at most 96 hours before departure from the first embarkation point. The test result must be in English.
– This does not apply to
– nationals of Sri Lanka;
– merchant seamen who are nationals of Sri Lanka with a Seaman’s Discharge Book. They must transfer directly from the ship to the airport;
– passengers with a COVID-19 vaccination certificate. If the certificate is not issued in English, a certified English translation is needed.
4. Nationals of Sri Lanka must have:
– a printed negative COVID-19 PCR test taken at most 96 hours before departure from the first embarkation point. The test result must be in English; or
– a printed rapid antigen test taken at most 48 hours before departure from the first embarkation point. The test result must be in English.
– This does not apply to nationals of Sri Lanka with a COVID-19 vaccination certificate. If the certificate is not issued in English, a certified English translation is needed.
5. A completed “Health Declaration Form” must be presented upon arrival. The form can be obtained at https://www.caa.lk/en/special-notices-for-covid-19 or upon arrival.
6. Passengers are subject to a COVID-19 PCR test upon arrival.
– This does not apply to passengers younger than 12 years.
7. Passengers are subject to quarantine. More details can be found at https://www.epid.gov.lk/web/ or https://www.hpb.health.gov.lk/en .
Detailed Tourist Information
Commercial airlines are operating outbound flights from Sri Lanka.
The Government of Sri Lanka has announced that the temporary restriction on travel originating from the UK to Sri Lanka has been lifted. Entry to Sri Lanka is subject to 14 days quarantine and PCR tests determined by the Health Authorities.
Non-national residents wishing to return to Sri Lanka should contact their nearest Sri Lankan High Commission for advice.
The Sri Lankan High Commission can be contacted via email: [email protected]
Cruise ship passengers will not be allowed to disembark in the country, including for temporary shore visits.
Some public places, including restaurants and cafés remain open in areas which are not under quarantine curfew, but this could change at short notice. You should expect some reduced services and social distancing measures to be in place.
Public gatherings such as exhibitions, conferences, parties, indoor and outdoor events, carnivals, musical shows and processions have been banned.
Data Source: covidcontrols.co