Updated May 2022
In an effort to unify the various e-services provided by government agencies, the Tawtheeq National Authentication System (NAS) was launched by the Ministry of Transport and Communications (MOTC) of Qatar.
How does one register for Tawtheeq? What are the benefits of having a Tawtheeq account? Here we discuss everything you need to know about registering for a Tawtheeq account.
What is Tawtheeq?
Tawtheeq is primarily used to access all the various digital services provided by the government with only a single set of username and password. This effectively grants Tawtheeq registrants access to numerous government e-services in a convenient and hassle-free manner.
Qatari citizens and residents as well as visitors and business representatives may all register for a Tawtheeq account.
Tawtheeq vaccine registration
For Qataris over the age of 18 looking to register themselves for the COVID-19 vaccine, the process requires them to log in using their Tawtheeq username and password. You can learn more about the details of the vaccine registration process and eligibility in our dedicated article.
What are the requirements of Tawtheeq registration?
The requirements of Tawtheeq registration are as follows:
- citizens and residents: Qatar ID and a valid mobile number
- visitors: a valid email address and a valid mobile number
Tawtheeq registration process
To register for Tawtheeq, please follow these steps.
- visit the Tawtheeq online portal and click on ‘register’
- select which account type you would like. You can either choose ‘Qatari citizens and residents’ or ‘visitors and business representatives’
- if you have a valid Qatari ID, select the option for citizens and residents
- input your Qatari ID and mobile number, click on the captcha box, and click ‘continue’
- you will receive an OTP code on your mobile phone. Enter the code and click ‘continue’
- provide your personal details including name, nationality, date of birth, gender, and others
- set your password and confirm
- your Tawtheeq account is now active
Why do I need to register for Tawtheeq?
Apart from the convenience of having a unified account for all government e-services in Qatar, having a Tawtheeq account is a requirement for downloading your Qatar vaccine certificate along with its benefits and privileges.
If you’re looking to learn more about what benefits are being offered by having a Qatar vaccine certificate, please do refer to our article below.
Tawtheeq Qatar call center number
If you need further information, you can reach out to the Ministry of Transport and Communications (+974) 44069996 or via the email address at [email protected]