Updated November 2022
The latest iteration of the world’s most prestigious tournament is about to start and it’s estimated to bring 1.2 million international football fans down to the Gulf nation of Qatar.
Naturally, some of the passionate and devoted football fans would have already secured their World Cup travel packages. And those who haven’t will need to secure lodgings for their World Cup sojourn to properly support their perfect eleven in November and December. Like the previous World Cup tournaments, fans are likely be looking to stay within close proximity of the team they’re supporting.
If you’re looking to find out which hotel your favorite team is staying at, here’s a list of confirmed team base camps for the FIFA World Cup 2022 in Qatar:
Please note: The UAE has started accepting applications for multiple-entry tourist visas from FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022. Moreover, the Qatari authorities have announced the suspension of entry for visitors into the country from 1 November until 23 December 2022. Only Hayya Card holders, Qatari citizens, and Qatar residence permit holders will be allowed to enter.
Hotels where World Cup teams are staying
Here’s a list of hotels picked by the 32 participating nations. Keep in mind that the list may be subject to change.
- Argentina: Qatar University Sports & Events Complex
- Australia: Aspire Academy Educational Facility
- Belgium: Hilton Salwa Beach Resort
- Brazil: Westin Hotel Doha
- Cameroon: Banyan Tree Doha
- Canada: Century Premier Hotel Lusail
- Croatia: Hilton Doha Hotel
- Costa Rica: dusitD2 Salwa
- England: Souq Al-Wakra
- Denmark: Retaj Salwa Resort
- Ecuador: Hyatt Regency Oryx Doha
- France: Al Messila Resort
- Germany: Zulal Wellness Resort
- Ghana: Double Tree by Hilton Doha
- Iran: Al Rayyan Hotel Doha Curio Collection by Hilton
- Japan: Radisson Blu
- Mexico: Simaisma Resort
- Morocco: Wyndham Doha West Bay
- Netherlands: The St. Regis Doha
- Poland: Ezdan Palace Hotel
- Portugal: Al Samriya Autograph Collection Hotel
- Qatar: Al Aziziyah Boutique Hotel
- Saudi Arabia: Sealine Beach
- Senegal: Duhail Handball Sports Hall
- Serbia: Rixos Gulf Hotel Doha
- Spain: Qatar University
- South Korea: Le Meridien City Centre
- Switzerland: Le Royal Meridien
- Tunisia: Wyndham Grand Doha West Bay Beach
- Wales: Delta Hotels City Centre
- Uruguay: Pullman Doha West Bay
- USA: Marsa Malaz Kempinski
Hotel bookings for Qatar World Cup fans
DISCLAIMER: As of now, the Qatar Accommodation Agency (QAA) is prioritising the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022 ticket holders. To book accommodations with the QAA you will need a valid Ticket Application Number, Hayya Voucher Code or Hospitality Order Number to confirm your booking.
While it would be considered ideal for fans to stay near their favorite team’s home ground allowing them to attend fan fests and go to matches together, Qatar is a small country where all the stadiums are within a stone’s throw away from each other.
For example, the northernmost stadium, Al Bayt stadium in Al Khor, is only 55 kilometres away from the southernmost Al Wakrah stadium with a travel time of just under an hour.
This means that unlike in previous World Cups, football fans will not be required to fly or travel distances to attend matches should their team progress to the next round. With Qatar’s excellent public transport system, fans will be able to get to any stadium easily and swiftly.
Bottom line, no matter which hotel or accommodation fans end up staying in, it’s almost assured that their favorite team’s home base will be somewhere close by.