Wego understands that you can’t wait to travel abroad again. However, looking at the current situation, it seems like you may have to wait a little longer because travel restrictions for foreign tourists still apply in many parts of the world.
One of the easiest ways to cure your wanderlust is posting a travel throwback on Instagram. If you have been using #throwbackthursday for a while, how about trying a new hashtag that you can use any day the longing arises?
The Singapore Tourism Board unveils #TravelThrowBack, a community initiative that invites travelers to promote the beauty of Southeast Asian destinations. The effort is intended to build interest in Southeast Asian travel and encourage travellers to prioritise Southeast Asian countries to explore once international travel fully resumes.
Mr John Conceicao, Executive Director, Southeast Asia, of the Singapore Tourism Board said: “Tourism has been one of the key economic sectors in Southeast Asia that has been hit the hardest in the last few months. When border restrictions are lifted, travellers are likely to make short-haul trips within Southeast Asia rather than plan long-haul holidays. We hope that the #TravelThrowBack initiative can showcase the beauty of our region and inspire travellers to explore the hidden spots within Southeast Asia.”
Conceicao also said that social media, especially Instagram, can strongly influence travel decisions among millennial travellers. Through #TravelThrowBack, Singapore Tourism Board wants to rally travellers and brands with a passion for Southeast Asia’s rich culture and heritage to share their best memories, stories and experiences, as a visual treat of what Southeast Asia has to offer.
How to Participate in Singapore Tourism Board’s #TravelThrowBack
- Head to the @Visit_Singapore’s Instagram page.
- Click on the Browse Effects Icon (located beside the IGTV icon) and download the #TravelThrowback Instagram Effects.
- Users can choose to throwback to ten destinations in Southeast Asia through the #TravelThrowback Instagram Effects. The destinations are: Brunei, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand and Vietnam.
- Head to your own Instagram account.
- Launch IG Stories and select the #TravelThrowback Instagram Effects that you have
- Tag @Visit_Singapore if you’re sharing a throwback to Singapore.
- Include your throwback travel photo, tag its location and hashtag #TravelThrowback.
- Tag three or more of your friends, fans or family on your post and challenge them to share their #TravelThrowback memories too!