This page was last updated on 16 December, 2021.
At a Glance
Entry For Vaccinated Travelers: Partially Allowed
Tourist Entry: Partially Allowed
Testing: Negative COVID-19 test required for all countries.
Quarantine Required: Yes
Quarantine Details: Self-isolate for 14 days required for all countries.
Lockdown in Effect: Partial
Restaurants and Bars: Open with restrictions
Detailed Travel Advisory
1. Flights to Turkmenistan are suspended.
– This does not apply to repatriation flights.
2. Passengers and airline crew must have:
– a negative COVID-19 RT-PCR test result issued at most 72 hours before departure from the first embarkation point; and
– proof of chromatographic determination of antibodies (IgM, IgG) in the blood issued at most 72 hours before departure from the first embarkation point; or
– a COVID-19 vaccination certificate.
3. Passengers must complete a “Public Health Passenger Locator Form” and present it upon arrival. The form is available at https://tinyurl.com/y6en4u2l
4. Passengers are subject to a COVID-19 RT-PCR test upon arrival and quarantine for 21 days.
Detailed Tourist Information
All international flights to and from Turkmenistan are currently suspended, road borders are closed and passenger ferries are cancelled. Only Turkmen citizens, diplomats, permanent residents and essential workers are allowed to enter.
You must take a COVID-19 (PCR) test on arrival and quarantine for 21 days in a state-run facility. You may quarantine at your place of residence under medical supervision if you’ve been vaccinated against COVID-19.
Grocery stores and school are open. Many stores, shopping malls, and restaurants are closed or have limited operations. Mosques and places of pilgrimage are closed and large gatherings are restricted.
Data Source: covidcontrols.co