This article has been reviewed by Wego’s editorial team to ensure that the content is up to date & accurate.
Updated May 2023
With an aim to see more expats coming into Dubai and the greater UAE and basing themselves here while seeking work, the UAE announced the UAE job seeker Visa or the job exploration visa as a part of the new entry permits that have been effective since 3 October 2022.
Keep reading to find out more about the UAE job seeker visa, its cost, eligibility, requirements, validity options & more.
What is the UAE job seeker visa?
The job seeker visa or the job exploration visa is a part of the new entry permits introduced by the country’s Advanced Visa System as a means to attract young talents and skilled professionals to explore job opportunities available in the country. Moreover, the job exploration visa can be obtained and applied for without the need for sponsors or a host.
New UAE Visa Rules 2023: Everything You Need to Know About UAE’s New Entry Visas and Residence Permits
Furthermore, according to the UAE’s new visa rules, all entry visas—including the job exploration Visa—will now be available for single or multiple entries and will be valid for 60 days from their date of issuance. They can also be renewed for similar periods.
UAE job seeker visa validity options
The UAE job seeker visa will be issued with three validity options, including for a period of 60, 90 and 120 days. Therefore, job seekers will have around 4 months to explore the job market in the UAE.
UAE job seeker Visa eligibility requirements
The job seeker visa does not require a sponsor or a host and will be granted if the applicant meets the following requirements:
- is classified in the first or second, or third skill level as per the Ministry of Human Resources and Emiratisation
- is a fresh graduate of the best 500 universities in the world
- is able to support themselves during the time they are in the country
- has a minimum educational level of a bachelor’s degree or its equivalent.
- graduated a maximum of two years before the year of application.
UAE job seeker visa documents required
To apply for the UAE job seeker visa, the following documents will be required:
- a passport copy of the applicant.
- a coloured photo of the applicant
- attested qualification certificates
Please note that additional documents may be required in some cases.
How to apply online for the UAE job seeker visa?
The UAE job seeker visa or the job exploration visa can be applied for online from the Federal Authority for Identity, Citizenship, Customs and Port Security (ICP) website by following the steps given below:
- visit the Federal Authority for Identity, Citizenship, Customs and Port Security (ICP) website.
- select the type of job seeker visa you want to apply for from the validity options of 60, 90 and 120 days.
- fill in the required information and submit the attachments as required.
- pay the visa application fees and submit your visa request.
Please note that you can also apply for the UAE job seeker visa from your nearest ICP Customer Happiness Centres or the Accredited Typing Centres.
UAE job seeker visa cost
As stated by the ICP website, the visa fee for different categories of the UAE job seeker visa is as follows:
- the 60 days visa – Dh1,495 (USD 407)
- the 90 days visa – Dh1,655 (USD 450)
- the 120 days visa – Dh1,815 (USD 494)
Please note that the visa price mentioned above are the total fees, including a security deposit of Dh1,025 (USD 328). For more details, visit the ICP website.