Updated September 2023
Travelers intending to enter the UAE’s borders have a variety of options. Whilst tourists normally choose the UAE tourist visa to enter the nation, those who have spouses may apply for a UAE spouse visa and reunite with them in the UAE.
Read on as Wego has provided all the information you need to know about Dubai & UAE spouse visa below!
Table of Contents
Dubai & UAE spouse visa
UAE spouse visa is a residence permit for expatriate to sponsor their foreign spouse to come to Dubai. The spouses can get a UAE residence visa for 5 years without having to work in the UAE. In this case, the sponsor shall be the UAE citizen.
Dubai & UAE spouse visa minimum salary
In order for expatriate residents to be eligible to sponsor their spouses, they have to meet a certain minimum salary. According to The United Arab Emirates’ Government portal, expatriate residents with a monthly salary of AED 3,000 or AED 4,000 plus accommodation are eligible to apply for a residence visa for their spouses.
Dubai & UAE spouse visa cost
The fee for a spouse visa application is AED 268.90.
Dubai & UAE spouse visa required documents
To be eligible for a Dubai spousal visa, you will be required to provide the following documents:
- online application or through a registered typing office in UAE.
- passports (both original and copies) of husband, wife and children.
- passport size photograph of spouse and children.
- salary certificate (for government employees) or attested work contract (for other employees).
- medical clearance certificate for the spouse and children above 18.
- legalized marriage certificate attested by the UAE authorities (either married in UAE or in India).
- attested tenancy contract.
- copy of spouse’s employment certificate or company contract.
- latest utility bill (electricity, water, etc.).
Dubai & UAE spouse visa application process
An expatriate resident has 30 days to apply for a residence visa for their spouse after they enter the UAE through an entry permit. After your spouse enters the UAE, you need to apply for a spouse residence visa in the UAE. With all the required documents in place, below is the process for applying for a residence visa in the UAE:
- Ensure your spouse and children take and pass the medical fitness test to obtain a medical certificate from a government approved health center in the UAE.
- Go to any authorized typing centers with copies of above required documents and get a typed application form and pay the required fees.
- Submit the typed residence visa application for your spouse along with the entry permit, medical certificate and all the documents required for the residence visa at the GDRFA to get it approved.
Dubai & UAE spouse visa processing time
It usually takes between 10 and 15 working days to obtain approval for UAE visa spouse from the Immigration Department of the respective emirate.
Dubai & UAE spouse visa validity
The validity of the spousal visa is generally two years, while renewal is subject to conditions similar to a fresh residence visa.
The sponsoring expatriate employee visa is linked to the residence visa of the spouse, and if sponsoring member’s visa is cancelled, then the visa of the dependent will be cancelled as well.
A grace period of 30 days is granted from the date of expiry or cancellation of their visa to get a new residence visa. If the sponsoring family member does not renew or cancel their spouse’s residence visa within the stipulated time, then the dependents would be deemed illegal residents with a possibility of a fine being imposed.