This article is reviewed regularly by Wego’s editorial team to ensure that the content is up to date & accurate.
Updated August 2023
Processing a passport sometimes poses its own intricacies for its applicants. Applicants are required to submit all the necessary documents, pay the fees, and wait for a period of time until the passports are issued.
Pakistani citizens applying for a passport have the option to process their applications in a shorter time than normal passport issuance. Keep reading the information below to learn how to apply for an urgent passport in Pakistan.
Table of Contents
What is an urgent passport?
Urgent passports are issued for eligible applicants who wish to process their passport issuance in a shorter period of time. To access this service, they will have to pay a higher processing fee.
All the documents required to have an urgent passport are basically the same as the documents required for the normal passport application. They have to prepare:
For 18-year-old applicants & above
- original Bank Paid Fee Challan (receipt) of prescribed fee or e-Payment Confirmation Detail (SMS/Email along with PSID No.)
- original Valid CNIC/NICOP with a photocopy.
- previous Passport in original with its photocopy (if issued).
- NOC in case the applicant is a government servant.
- foreign passport, along with its photocopy, for Dual-Nationals only.
- lost passport Police report, mentioning previous passport number (only in lost passport cases).
For applicants under 18 years old/minor
- original Bank Paid Fee Challan (receipt) of prescribed fee or e-Payment confirmation detail (SMS/Email along with PSID No.)
- original Children Registration Certificate(CRC/Form”B”) or FRC or Smart Card with its one photocopy.
- copies of valid CNICs of both parents.
- the minor will be accompanied by either his/her parent or a legal guardian appointed by the court of law, along with the original valid CNIC/NICOP of the parent/guardian.
- foreign passport, along with its photocopy, for dual Nationals only.
- in case either of the parents is deceased, his/her death certificate in original and its photocopy.
- in case parents are separated/divorced, custody papers granted by the Court of Law.
- in the case of a guardian, a guardianship certificate issued by the court of law, and the appointed guardian should visit the passport office in person with the minor, along with his/her original CNIC and its photocopy.
- lost passport police report mentioning previous passport number (only in lost passport case).
Urgent Pakistan passport price
The price of urgent passport issuance vary, depending on the reason for the issuance, the number of pages, and the validity. Moreover, a service charge of PKR 1,000 for inland applications and PKR 2,500 for overseas passport applications applies to the following cases:
- 5 years
- 36 pages: PKR 5,000
- 72 pages: PKR 9,000
- 100 pages: PKR 12,000
- 10 years
- 36 pages: PKR 7,500
- 72 pages: PKR 13,500
- 100 pages: PKR 18,000
First time lost:
- 5 years
- 36 pages: PKR 10,000
- 72 pages: PKR 18,000
- 100 pages: PKR 24,000
- 10 years
- 36 pages: PKR 15,000
- 72 pages: PKR 27,000
- 100 pages: PKR 36,000
Second time lost:
- 5 years
- 36 pages: PKR 20,000
- 72 pages: PKR 36,000
- 100 pages: PKR 48,000
- 10 years
- 36 pages: PKR 30,000
- 72 pages: PKR 54,000
- 100 pages: PKR 72,000
Third time lost (and afterwards):
- 5 years
- 36 pages: PKR 40,000
- 72 pages: PKR 72,000
- 100 pages: PKR 96,000
- 10 years
- 36 pages: PKR 60,000
- 72 pages: PKR 108,000
- 100 pages: PKR 144,000
Urgent Pakistan passport processing time
Upon submitting the required documents and paying the fee, an urgent Pakistan passport will be issued in 4 working days.
Fast track passport will be processed in 2 working days.
How to apply for an urgent Pakistan passport?
There are two types of passport application processes available:
Online passport renewal for overseas Pakistanis:
- visit the Directorate General of Immigration & Passports website
- create an application for renewal and provide details of your application
- provide your address for machine-readable passport delivery
- pay the fee
- provide your present and permanent addresses
- upload your photograph and the supporting documents required by the application
- download the provided form, and capture the 4 fingerprints asked by the system. Set the scanner at 600 DPI, JPEG/JPG and Grayscale. Scan and upload the form
- review the information you provided, sign the declaration and then submit the application
Application at Regional Passport Office/Pakistan Mission Abroad for New/Renewal/Modification cases:
- head to the nearest RPO/Pakistan Mission Abroad. The applicants should bring their e-payment receipt and all the required documents. The payment is conducted on the website.
- arrive at the customer service counter to get all the guidance on the application process.
- go to the token counter and follow the steps asked by the officer. You’ll get a token containing your application details.
- go to the biometric counter to capture fingerprint data.
- go to the data entry counter. The officer will enter the required data of the applicants. The applicants will verify the submitted data and sign the form.
- approach the ECL/BL desk. The officer will give a clearance stamp once the applicants are verified to not be on the Blacklist.
- have an interview with the Assistant Director/Officer In-charge.
- collect the passport on the determined date or wait until it is delivered to the registered and verified address.
How to check the status of the passport?
The status of applicants’ passports will be informed via the registered mobile number/email address. Pakistanis who are currently in Pakistan will be informed via SMS service 9988, whereas overseas Pakistanis will receive notification via Email Rabta service.