Updated 6 April 2021
Israel’s vaccination program has been remarkably swift and successful. The 24/7 campaign vaccination drive has been on a fast track mode, injecting up to hundreds of thousands of people a day.
Israel has demonstrated that a robust coronavirus vaccination program can have an immediate and powerful impact, showing the world a plausible way out of the pandemic.
With the introduction of Green Pass, the country’s very own vaccine passport, Israel marches towards a brave post-pandemic future. Here is everything you need to know about the Green Pass.
What is a Green Pass?
The Green Pass is an entry permit to places or facilities for recovered coronavirus patients and vaccinated people. To be able to acquire a green pass, someone must have had both doses of a coronavirus vaccine.
The Green Pass is personal and is given to any person who is vaccinated for coronavirus or people who recovered from coronavirus. Others are not eligible for the Green Pass at this stage.
Each group faces a different limitation on the Pass:
- Vaccinated individuals: Pass is valid for six months (similar to the vaccination certificate), effective the week after receiving the second dose for six months
- Recovered coronavirus patients: Pass is valid until 30 June 2021
The Green Pass does not apply to people who had rapid testing, including Sofia tests. Children under 16 who have recovered from Covid-19 can be added to their parents’ documents.
How to apply for a Green Pass?
The Green Pass is in Hebrew only. The passport is available on a smartphone application, interactive voice recognition, or it can be printed out. You can
- Apply on this website, or
- Traffic Light (Ramzor) App (Google Play, App Store), or
- Ministry of Health Hotline at *5400.
To obtain the passport, users would be required to disclose their phone number, ID number, and date of birth, but not their medical information.
Deals and benefits for Green Pass holders
Upon entering an establishment that complies with Green Pass requirements, you must present your Green Pass and an identification document (ID, driver’s license, passport).
If you present the Green Pass on the App: show the animated screen. The business can alternatively scan the QR code with a unique feature on the Traffic Light App.
Another option is to print out the Green Pass and present its QR code. Suppose you arrive in an establishment with a sign at the entrance with a QR code on it, you can scan the code to see whether the establishment complies with Green Pass requirements and learn more about the permitted occupancy.
You can enter businesses listed below if you present a Green Pass. Every person needs a Green Pass. Face masks remain mandatory.
- Gyms and studios
- Swimming pools
- Restaurants and cafes
- Hotels; minors who are not Green Pass holders may be admitted upon presenting negative coronavirus test results taken within 48 hours before arriving at the hotel
- Stadiums, pitches, sporting events, and venues
- Theaters, cinemas, and cultural venues
- Cultural events
- Exhibitions (outside of museums)
- Event gardens
- Mikvehs for men