This page was last updated on 16 December, 2021.
At a Glance
Entry For Vaccinated Travelers: Partially Allowed
Tourist Entry: Partially Allowed
Testing: Negative PCR test results is required for all countries.
Quarantine Required: Depends
Quarantine Details: People arriving in the country with no COVID-19 symptoms are advised to self-isolate for 14 days.
Lockdown in Effect: Partial
Events: Partially Allowed
Transport: Operational with restrictions
Restaurants and Bars: Open with restrictions
Detailed Travel Advisory
1. Passengers are not allowed to enter.
– This does not apply to:
– nationals of Afghanistan;
– passengers with a pre-approval letter from the local authority in Afghanistan.
2. Passengers must have a negative COVID-19 PCR test taken at most 72 hours before arrival. The test result must be in English or Persian.
– This does not apply to passengers younger than 8 years.
Detailed Tourist Information
International flights to and from the Afghanistan have resumed, with reduced capacity.
Please check with your airline directly regarding commercial options for international travelers.
All arrivals to Afghanistan are recommended to self-quarantine for 14 days.
All arrivals to Afghanistan are required to show a negative PCR test no older than 96 hours.
Most hotels and restaurants are open and have been instructed to follow COVID-19 guidelines, including asking customers to wear masks.
Sports and music events, along with bars, cinemas, museums and gyms are all closed. Restaurants and some shops have opened.
Data Source: covidcontrols.co