This page was last updated on 07 May, 2021.
At a Glance
Tourist Entry: Partially Allowed
Testing: Covid19 test is required for all countries.
Quarantine Required: Yes
Quarantine Details: Quarantine for 14 days required for all countries.
Lockdown in Effect: Partial
Events: Partially Allowed
Transport: Operational with restrictions
Restaurants and Bars: Open with restrictions
Detailed Travel Advisory
1. Passengers are not allowed to enter until 1 June 2021.
– This does not apply to nationals and residents of Azerbaijan.
– Until 15 June 2021, this does not apply to passengers and stateless persons with an accreditation card issued by the Formula One Management Limited company, the International Automobile Federation or the Baku City Circuit Operating company. They must travel in connection with the organization of the 2021 Formula 1 Azerbaijan Grand-Prix.
– Until 5 July 2021, this does not apply to:
– passengers with an official invitation letter issued by the Organizing Committee of the European Football Championship matches in Baku or by the Association of Football Federations of Azerbaijan (AFFA). They must travel in connection with the organization of the European Football Championship 2021 in Baku;
– passengers with a document confirming accreditation issued by the Union of European Football Associations (UEFA). They must travel in connection with the organization of the European Football Championship 2021 in Baku;
– passengers with a document proving purchase of a ticket for the European Football Championship 2021 matches in Baku. They must be nationals of the countries represented by the football teams participating in the matches held in Baku;
– stateless persons with a document proving purchase of a ticket for the European Football Championship 2021 matches in Baku. They must be permanent residents of the countries represented by the football teams participating in the matches held in Baku.
2. Passengers must have a printed negative COVID-19 PCR test result issued at most 48 hours before departure of the last direct flight to Azerbaijan.
3. Passengers are subject to self-isolation for 14 days.
Detailed Tourist Information
As a preventive measure, Azerbaijan has suspended processing “ASAN Visa”. Foreign nationals wishing to visit Azerbaijan are requested to apply for a visa through relevant local Azerbaijani embassies and consulates that will operate in a special mode. For further inquiries, please contact [email protected]
Foreigners visiting Azerbaijan for the UEFA EURO 2020 games should submit at least one of the following documents to be able to obtain a visa from May 1 till July 5, 2021, at the checkpoints on Azerbaijan`s state border:
official invitation letter from the Organizing Committee or from the Association of Football Federations of Azerbaijan (AFFA)
accreditation card or another document from the Union of European Football Associations (UEFA)
a ticket or a document confirming the receipt of a ticket to the game for the citizens of the playing team countries
To obtain permission to enter Azerbaijan, foreigners must submit a medical certificate after being tested for COVID-19. This requirement also applies to Azerbaijani citizens who have visited countries affected by an outbreak of coronavirus in the last 14 days.
Restrictions on travelling to and out of Azerbaijan by air or land are in force until the 1st of June, except for cargo and charter flights.
The following flight options are currently available, based on specific rules and regulations by the airline operating the flight:
-Baku-Istanbul-Baku direction, operated by AZAL, 11 times a week
-Baku-Istanbul-Baku direction, operated by Turkish Airlines, 4 times a week
-Baku-Minsk direction, operated by Belavia, twice a week
-Baku-London-Baku direction, operated by AZAL, once a week
-Baku-Berlin-Baku direction, operated by AZAL, once a week
-Baku-Dubai-Baku direction, operated by FlyDubai, twice a week
-Baku-Frankfurt-Baku direction, operated by Lufthansa, twice a week
-Baku-Moscow-Baku direction, operated by Aeroflot, twice a week
-Baku-Kyiv-Baku direction, operated by Ukraine International Airlines, twice a week
-Baku-Ankara-Baku direction, operated by AZAL, twice a week
-Baku-Antalya-Baku direction, operated by AZAL, once a week
Border officials are screening all arriving travellers for symptoms. In case of any suspected exposure, the passenger — regardless of nationality or purpose of travel — will be evaluated and sent to a specially designated quarantine facility for 14 days.
Border officials are also taking steps to disinfect land border crossings.
The special quarantine regime was extended until June 1st 2021.
More than 10 people are banned to gather in public places, boulevards, parks and catering facilities.
From February 1st stores, restaurants and cafes will be reopening. Restaurants can serve customers on premises between 6 AM and 11.59 PM.
Shops selling food and pharmacies will remain open.
Public transport is suspended in the weekends.
Data Source: covidcontrols.co