This page was last updated on 25 February, 2021.
At a Glance
Tourist Entry: Partially Allowed
Testing: Covid-19 test is required for all countries.
Quarantine Required: Depends
Quarantine Details: Required to quarantine until test results arrive.
Lockdown in Effect: Partial
Events: Partially Allowed
Transport: Operational with restrictions
Restaurants and Bars: Delivery/Takeout only
Detailed Travel Advisory
1. Visa on arrival facility restarted.
2. Flights from Addis Ababa (ABB) and Baku (BAK) are suspended.
– This does not apply to humanitarian, medevac and repatriation flights.
3. Flights from Iraq, Lebanon and Syria are suspended.
– This does not apply to humanitarian, medevac and repatriation flights
4. Passengers are not allowed to enter until 15 May 2021.
– This does not apply to:
– nationals and residents of Bahrain;
– nationals of Kuwait, Oman, Saudi Arabia and United Arab Emirates;
– passengers with an e-visa obtained before departure;
– passengers who can obtain a visa on arrival;
– military personnel.
5. Passengers are subject to Coronavirus (COVID-19) PCR test upon arrival at their own expense and self-isolation until test results are ready.
6. Border crossing on the causeway is suspended.
Detailed Tourist Information
Only Bahraini citizens, residents, and passengers with Prior Permission Granted are allowed entry. Arrivals are subject to a COVID-19 test on arrival and are no longer obligated to undergo self-isolation for 10 days if their first test is negative. A second test must be taken 10 days after arrival.
All Food and Beverage outlets are available for takeout and delivery services, and most dine-in services remain prohibited. Some restaurants are permitted to allow pre-booked private dining for groups of 10-20 people. All grocery stores and commercial outlets are open.
Gatherings of more than five individuals on roads, yards, public beaches, parks, and other public places are prohibited, including religious gatherings. Private beaches are open with mandatory health precautions. All religious places are closed for practicing until further notice. Wearing of facemask is mandatory for all individuals in all public venues.
Data Source: covidcontrols.co