This page was last updated on 27 October, 2021.
At a Glance
Entry For Vaccinated Travelers: Allowed
Vaccination Requirements: Immunised residents and visitors, 2-years-old and older, must also test on arrival, day 4, and day 10 while in Bermuda. Minor children (aged 17 and younger) travelling with immunised parents must follow the Child’s First 14 Days. For more information on travelling with a minor visit: Are you travelling with a minor?
Effective 23 August 2021, all immunised travellers will be given a red wristband upon arrival. Immunized travellers WITH pretest must wear it until receiving the negative arrival test. Immunized travellers WITHOUT pretest must wear it until receiving the negative DAY 4 test.
All unimmunised children travelling with an immunised parent/guardian will be given a red wristband upon arrival, which must be worn until receiving their negative DAY 8 or DAY 10 test result.
Have proof of your immunisation ready. This can be your signed immunisation card or a Vaccine Certificate. You will need to upload a copy of your vaccine certificate as part of completing the travel authorisation form. Bermuda residents will have received their vaccine certificate as a .pdf document, and this is the item you will need to upload. DO NOT upload the local SafeKey.
If you are a Visitor to Bermuda, 2-years-old or older, you must have a negative COVID-19 test that has been done within 4 days before your arrival in Bermuda. Immunised residents without a pre-arrival test must quarantine for 4 days. You will need to upload a copy of your PCR test results as part of completing the Travel Authorisation form. Most laboratories will provide you with a .pdf document showing the result, and this is the item you will need to upload.
1 to 3 days prior to arriving in Bermuda, apply for your Travel Authorisation. Have your vaccine certificate and your PCR test result ready to upload. Travellers failing to complete a Travel Authorisation form before travelling to Bermuda will be charged $1,000 upon arrival for the completion of a Travel Authorisation. Your TA is considered incomplete and will be rejected if you do not upload the necessary documents.
Pay $75 for your approved Travel Authorisation and print or have it electronically for boarding your flight. The Bermuda Government will email your travel authorisation to you. Please check and double-check that the email you provide to us is correct. Also, check your junk/spam folder to make sure the travel authorisation is not there.
Upon arrival in Bermuda, have your Travel Authorisation available electronically or printed for scanning.
Test upon arrival, quarantine at your accommodation for your test results. You must then test on day 4 and day 10. Your test dates and times will be emailed to you.
Pfizer BioNTECH, AstraZeneca, Serum Institute of India, Jansen/Johnson & Johnson, Moderna, Sinopharm/BIBP, Sinovac
Tourist Entry: Allowed
Testing: Negative COVID-19 PCR must be presented
Quarantine Required: Depends
Quarantine Details: Quarantine required for some travelers.
Lockdown in Effect: Partial
Events: Partially Allowed
Restaurants and Bars: Open with restrictions
Detailed Travel Advisory
1. Passengers and airline crew must have an approved travel authorization obtained at most 3 days before departure. The authorization must be obtained at https://www.gov.bm/applying-bermuda-travel-authorisation and presented at time of departure.
– This does not apply to:
– residents of Bermuda who can complete it upon arrival. A fee of 1000 USD will have to be paid.
– passengers younger than 2 years;
– airline crew who stay for less than 24 hours.
2. Passengers must have a negative COVID-19 PCR test taken at most 4 days before arrival.
– This does not apply to:
– residents of Bermuda;
– passengers younger than 2 years.
3. Passengers are subject to quarantine in a hotel for 14 days at their own expense. The hotel must be booked at https://www.gov.bm/arrange-quarantine-hotel
– This does not apply to passengers with a COVID-19 vaccination certificate showing that they were fully vaccinated at least 14 days before arrival. Vaccines accepted are: AstraZeneca (Vaxzevria), Janssen, Moderna and Pfizer-BioNTec.
4. Passengers are subject to a COVID-19 PCR test upon arrival.
5. Airline crew who stay for less than 24 hours are subject to quarantine in a hotel room until their next flight.
– This does not apply to airline crew with a COVID-19 vaccination certificate showing that they were fully vaccinated at least 14 days before arrival. Vaccines accepted are: AstraZeneca (Vaxzevria), Janssen, Moderna and Pfizer-BioNTec.
Detailed Tourist Information
Bermuda is open and welcoming visitors to the island.
There is a night-time curfew in effect from 00:30 – 05:00am daily (12:30am – 05:00am).
Gatherings are restricted to groups of no more than 20 people.
Masks are not required except in certain crowded and high risk settings or venues.
You can find a full list of Bermuda’s coronavirus regulations on the Bermuda Government website (https://www.gov.bm/coronavirus-guidance)
Data Source: covidcontrols.co