This page was last updated on 21 July, 2021.
At a Glance
Tourist Entry: Allowed
Testing: Negative PCR test results is required for all countries.
Quarantine Required: Yes
Quarantine Details: Quarantine for 10 days is required for all travelers.
Lockdown in Effect: Partial
Transport: Operational with restrictions
Restaurants and Bars: Open with restrictions
Detailed Travel Advisory
1. Passengers must have a negative COVID-19 RT-PCR test taken at most 72 hours before departure from the first embarkation point.
– This does not apply to passengers who are 5 years or younger.
2. A completed “Declaracion Jurada del viajero para el seguimiento COVID-19” must be presented upon arrival.
3. Passengers must have insurance to cover COVID-19 expenses.
– This does not apply to nationals and residents of Bolivia.
4. Passengers are subject to self-isolation for 10 days.
Detailed Tourist Information
Air borders are now open and commercial flights are permitted to operate. Passengers arriving from all countries require a PCR test taken up to 72 hours before flying and is required for everybody over 5-years of age to enter Bolivia. On arrival you must quarantine for 10 days, and pay for a PCR test on the 7th day of quarantine. Tourists must show proof of medical insurance that will cover the cost of treatment.
There are no national COVID-19 restrictions, but departments and municipalities have the authority to impose COVID-19 restrictions at the local level.
Many city and municipal governments throughout Bolivia are reimplementing mandatory transit restrictions during evening hours and weekends. These restrictions can be imposed with limited to no warning.
The wearing of facemasks in public places is mandatory and social distancing measures must be respected.
Concerning schools, departments and municipalities will have the authority to determine education schedules and if students will return to the classroom in-person. Some areas have full or partially reopened schools, whereas other remain firmly closed.
Data Source: covidcontrols.co